Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Starting to recognize wd sxs..

[or...]

..and I did NOT ast first because I was having them already for probably some years.  I hope this makes sense to someone out there.  I didn't know it could be the C effecting my Insomnia, depression and anxiety.  I was still under the impression the C was helping me, talk about uninformed about the drug I'd taken for 35 year.  And I own that because I was just accepting it as life, no matter how crazy I felt!  I had trouble on jobs, and had what I'd call an explosive temper, I didn't hit anyone, I just would lose my temper and stomp out, run because I thought it was just people causing my issue.  That's why I'm so alone today, 23 years divorced, and for the 4th time! I was only married a total of 6 years to 4 men.  I ran every time, and I left friends, real friends behind and did geographic-moves because I always thought it would be different and better.  It was until I realized everywhere I went, there I was, and I was the problem. 

I just tapered down another 3% and I am guessing I'm just noticing more the difference when in the first few days, to a week, when I taper.  More anxiety, more depression, and more insomnia, until I level out.  Thank god I've chose to taper and hold til stable again (y)Thanks to Benzobuddies, and all the help I get here, sometimes just from reading others stuff.  I learn what to do, and what not to do for me personally.  Every person has to make their own choices, especially a taper, it's my belief along with many's stories of their taper journey.

I'm glad I chose the slow taper because it's true that I get less wd sxs but I get them.  Right now is a hard last 3 days since I tapered again, but I figure I will stabilize by about 14 -18 days on this dose, and then do it again.  It will take me about 10 more months if I can stick to the 6% per month taper.  My history of taper as well as before I got to BB is on my About Me if anyone wants to know.  Today, again, I am feeling very greatfull for BB, and the kind people here, hope, strength, love and support, Denise, Far Northwest CA, USA (y):boxer::smitten::hug:

Hi oregon lady.

I am in Oregon as well.

Having a very tough time.

Sever benzo belly.  Zero sleep last night.  Feeling desperate and needy.

Have you had this symptom??

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hi oregon lady.

I am in Oregon as well.

Having a very tough time.

Sever benzo belly.  Zero sleep last night.  Feeling desperate and needy.

Have you had this symptom??

Yes, I have had more lately, 5 months into my taper.  I might know a couple things to try but first, will you tell me exactly what Benzo Belly is like?  And I'll tell you what I am trying with my sleep issue as well.  I'll be here, just eating some lunch at my PC ;) Denise :hug:

Severe pain in upper stomach, burning, cramping, so much pressure, distended....feels like I need to poop or belch all the time. 

It's so bad....unbearable. 

My sleep was just starting to regulate a tiny bit and then this happens....I had horrible insomnia my first two weeks off....didn't sleep for 4 nights straight....thought I was going mad....now this gives me ptsd....my whole body hurts....

Tell me about you....

Did you eat or drink something that is not the norm, or is all you food intake the same as before it started?  I'm sure you know this but wanted to make sure?

1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

Nothing changed in diet.

I eat very clean. No sugar no caffeine no anything. 

Lots of water....

This is hell

That's wonderful to hear, I'm sure you are on the road to healing, time is the hard one and I can't imagine suffering so much you can't sleep.  I just posted on the other board you are on right now.  Do you want to go read what I wrote there?

This might be of interest but only if you are not already eliminated high-carb foods, or at least some of them @[Be...]  I think it's ok for me to make food recommendations to folks, this is for people that don't know how much sugar they are actually eating.  It's a chart of different "every day" foods that if eliminated for a time  can help our guts heal.  Mine has, I can attest to that.  During my many years of benzo use, I developed some awful things, acid reflux, and another was called esophogeal spasms, both are gone except rare occasions when I eat or drink something I know I shouldn't ;)  I also developed T2 Diabetes, and a heart condition to where I have to have a pacemaker, and that last one I doubt will be healed, it's a 3rd degree AV Node block.  My cardio says it's electrical part of my heart, not arterial thank goodness.

My diabetes was put into remission "just" by my diet alone, wouldn't take the pills for T2 as I vowed no more pills since my struggles with benzos.  Only pain-killers if I get hit by a bus :2funny:

Here's the chart link for you to take a look at if interested, and then we'll talk more until someone shows up that has more what you are going through in your protracted wd sxs ;)

Normal Foods that contain sugar, and how many teaspoons of sugar.