Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Same

[Te...]

I'm about 5 or 6 months ino a cold turkey. I have the same symptoms everyday...all day. Nothing is changing.  It's horrible.

NO, you are not stuck. 5-6 months is a great start, but I didn't start feeling better until month 10.  I'd read success stories daily for hope and reassurance.

• Like 1

Hi Teddy,

I know its horrific, I quit that way too but I'm hoping you'll do things differently than I did.  I felt like you do, that my symptoms weren't getting any better but this was the drug lying to me, because I was getting better, I just couldn't see it.  

I didn't record my symptoms and their severity, I couldn't see on paper that I was improving, so my negativity was allowed to flourish keeping me miserable.  Can you look back at those first weeks and see how things have changed?  I don't know about you but I couldn't function, the only thing I could do was writhe in pain, frightened out of my mind.  It seems like those of us who cold turkey don't experience the windows and waves those who taper do, we're in constant misery.  I did have one window that lasted a few seconds so maybe you'll have one too to let you know there is hope.

I recovered and you can too but it takes a long time.  Our brain has to repair the pathways the drug disrupted and this can't happen overnight.  I hope you can continue working, I was able to work full time after the first 3 weeks and while I was miserable, it helped distract me from the constant symptoms.  I even grew to hate weekends because I needed to focus on others things besides my misery.

Keep talking to us, we can help you get through this.

Pamster

• Like 1

I just feel that people at work are wondering what the hell is wrong with me. My boss even told me I'm letting my anxiety get to me. I'm really worried about it.

It might be a good idea to let your boss know what's happened to you, some members have shared what they've told their bosses, co-workers and friends and its not always the exact truth because people can't possibly understand what we go through so we tell them what they can hear and accept.  

I can't think of all the explanations I've heard through the years so I wonder if you might start a thread on the Withdrawal & Recovery Support - BenzoBuddies Community Forum to ask for member input?  

There is no shame in what you did, and your anxiety has most likely reached a point you've never experienced before, I was never anxious before Klonopin use and recovery so I can only imagine what you're feeling.  What you don't need is someone, anyone who has no knowledge of what you're going through making comments or suggestions that will only make you feel worse so the best thing you can arm yourself with is a cover story that will let those around you know you have the situation covered. 

I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time.  I know it's hard how slowly healing happens but believe it or not 5-6 months is early in the process.  It's not unusual to still be dealing with difficult withdrawal symptoms.  They can intensify at times - the path of healing is unpredictable.  New symptoms can come and go.  The important thing to hold onto is that behind the scenes you're healing .  It can be a matter of getting through each day with grit and determination.  Every day brings you closer to recovery. It takes time but you will get there.

I shared my story with my boss and she was very understanding.  Unfortunately 5-6 months off is early and that was about the same time my symptoms got progressively worse too.  Around month 10 I started to get some significant relief and by month 24 after doing a CT I was completely healed.  You'll get there too.  Expect the unexpected.  There is no rhyme or reason with symptoms, symptom intensity and how they let up and then get worse again.  Eventually they will fade and end for good.  Don't give up hope and don't reinstate.