Important Survey - Please Participate ×

14 and 1/2 months off (trying to understand if this is a wave)

[Je...]

Hello everyone. I have been off for 14 and 1/2 months and over all i’m doing decent. I have a few things that are bothering me and i can’t tell if it’s normal part of the recovery or i have something else happening. 

So i get these waves for a week or so and i am super anxious and i can’t sleep at all then i calm down after a 3-7 days and i am on the tired lethargic side. is it just my body balancing out. I have been on the tired side for most of the 14 months of recovery but i get these over stimulated times were i think that is the new normal. Any help

would be great appreciated. 
gods bless 

Jeremy 

Unfortunately late "waves," especially for insomnia, are somewhat common.  I had insomnia only waves that lasted anywhere from a few days to as long as 2 months or so and they occurred years after I was off.  My first one was at 18 months off and my last at over 70 months off.  They always even out given enough time and the great thing about those insomnia waves, at least for me, is that I always (100%) slept very well the night after I didn't get any perceived sleep, or very little sleep.  I was NEVER able to do that during my WD.  Late insomnia waves make you believe you'll never heal or get better, but you do heal and your sleep returns and those waves are just gusts of wind compared to the category 5 hurricane type of insomnia you get during your WD.

• Like 1