Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Help :(

[Ra...]

I used to take benzo to curb my anxiety whenever I am overly stress. 

Now, I am no longer taking it. My body still have the symptoms left by the withdrawal. My mind is very vulnerable and weak. I realized that I live with a lot of fears and worry. The mind is always over thinking Currently, body pain, Insomia and depressed.

No longer confident, looking terrible, out of jobs and no social circle /network. Whole day stay at home nothing to do.

Noone else to talk to …

I wonder if there is any successful cases where you learn to cope without benzo and lead a healthy life ? 

I am in the same situation.  I retired from the stress without a clear plan and now have no hobbies, interests and can't go back to work.  No 0ne wants to hear me complain any more and i don't have much to say.Not sure how to find a way out.

22 hours ago, [[F...] said:

I am in the same situation.  I retired from the stress without a clear plan and now have no hobbies, interests and can't go back to work.  No 0ne wants to hear me complain any more and i don't have much to say.Not sure how to find a way out.

Hello FedUp123 Wellcome to Benzobuddies

I am so sorry for the situation you find yourself in.  What benzo were you taking? When was your last dose?   "No 0ne wants to hear me complain"  Many of us will relate to this, I know I can.  Try not to lose hope,  whatever you are going through, I am sure you will come it with time.

You can start your own thread if you wish, members are very supportive and will give support and sound advice.

Look forward to hearing more from you

Magrita:smitten:

On 8/4/2023 at 8:11 AM, [[R...] said:

I used to take benzo to curb my anxiety whenever I am overly stress. 

Now, I am no longer taking it. My body still have the symptoms left by the withdrawal. My mind is very vulnerable and weak. I realized that I live with a lot of fears and worry. The mind is always over thinking Currently, body pain, Insomia and depressed.

No longer confident, looking terrible, out of jobs and no social circle /network. Whole day stay at home nothing to do.

Noone else to talk to …

I wonder if there is any successful cases where you learn to cope without benzo and lead a healthy life ? 

Do not despair   Rainbow5555    I am in a similar situation as yours. I also stay at home with very few friends and no one to talk to in real life. Actually, I do but the withdrawal from these drugs makes you not want to interact in the real world with anyone very much. It is scary trying to figure out how you will cope without these drugs, esp. if you have been on them a very long time as many of us have. I only have 3 non-drug things that I do to help me cope. Meditation, light-moderate aerobic exercise, and I meet with a therapist every 4-6 weeks for talk therapy but chronic anxiety is a tough animal to tame.

Thankyou to all of you who,have offered understanding and support. It is difficult to separate out how much of the social withdrawal was present before benzos and during with drawl: no one gets put on these medications unless they are ill to begin with.