Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Question

[Te...]

It's most likely all Benzo withdrawal related.  There are a plethora of possible symptoms.  I never had anxiety or depression prior to coming off of Benzos.  IMO, stop trying to "connect the dots."  I worked through my WD too.  Once I stopped trying to figure out what was causing my symptoms, I did a lot better.  The symptoms didn't "magically" disappear, but they were easier to deal with after I accepted them as being part of the healing and recovery process.

I think that's what is helping me too ThEwAy2, when I feel weird, waves I guess some call them, of anxiety, depression, or like my brain is misfiring, or just frustrated with myself, I started saying, outloud when at home "it's the benzo wd sxs" and my body is healing.  It's obvious it is healing because I am feeling better in so many ways, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.  I have maybe half a year left of tapering left, maybe it will be longer but I'm so hopeful now that I am around others that are healing.

I've shared that post of yours about all the things you've discovered that helped you, and I have it bookmarked so I can go back and be reminded :smitten: I hope you will not be embarrassed as I doubt there are many here @Teddy either experiencing what you are, or have.  I think you will be surprised at how strong you really are and you will overcome, especially someone holding down a job while they taper.

Have you put down your signature/history of Taper in your "About Me" section of profile?  I'm doing a super slow dry taper but I've had little to no wd sxs.  Nothing that has really bothered me, or kept me to sick or in pain to go out and do my daily tasks/errands. I was on C for 35 years, I'm 70, and if I can do it, I figure anyone can ;) Denise

• 2 weeks later...

I used to suffer from paranoid skizophrenia from childhood up to the age of 25(im 34 now). I had multiple psychosis in my life. But I havent had any in 9 years now and all my symptoms of psychosis/being psychotic are gone. Im not saying you have a mental illness, but if you had a psychosis you wouldnt sound coherent. It is scary to have severe anxiety, but you will recover. I have seen it many times. All the best to you.