Success story Lyme disease and Benzo!!

[Ma...]

Finally better!!!

For all of you suffering, I want you to know you will get better!

After 5 years on lorazepam and 2 years withdrawing I spent a further 18 - 24 months recovering. I remember desperately reading the success stories and praying I would get better. I'm going to keep my story brief.

I was put on Lorazaom by a useless Dr in 2012 as I had symptoms of high anxiety. I spent 5 years on Lorazapm until another Dr flagged up that all of my health issues were probably due to the drug.  I was given a councillor, switched to Valium and took 2 years to taper from 15mg of Valium. I'd previously been on 2mg of Lorazepam. The withdrawal was tough, I had the following symptoms and they have ALL gone, the worse being DP/DR. I constantly lived in a strange dark world.

Acid reflux, everything looked dark, shortness of breath, high anxiety, weight loss, symptoms recurring when eating food, food intolerance, DP/DR. All of these have gone.  Shortly after jumping I tested positive for Lyme disease. My initial anxiety in 2012 had been the first symptom of Lyme. I started Lyme treatment in 2019 and now I'm NEARLY symptom-free. I used herbs, hyperbaric oxygen, ozone, diet and positive thinking.

I've kept this short, but it's been a hell of a journey.

If you are on the healing journey from Benzo's or Lyme give yourself time and space to get better. Keep life simple. The body can recover from the most horrific injuries. You can aid the healing process by removing stress, eating well and staying positive. It is just time. As simple as these things sound they all have an important impact on the body and recovery. Science backs up positive thinking for health. For Lyme and Benzo, I stayed off gluten, dairy and processed food. I did drink when I was low but in the end, it didn't help.

This experience has shown me that Western medicine is floored and actually makes people sick. 

If you are a few years out and still having problems it may be worth considering testing for Lyme disease and co-infections like babesia and Bartonella as these can create neurological symptoms similar to Benzo's withdrawal. 

I went through the usual waves and windows like everyone else. I did post a success story a few months after jumping but I was just in an extended window. 

The healing process and timeline will be different for everyone. This site was a lifeline to me and everybody was amazing but it's very easy to get sucked into other people's problems and symptoms and spend far too much time searching up symptoms. Remebr that people who get better very rarely hang around the forums.

Keep going, 

Matt x

• Like 10

Thank you Matt, very encouraging and I thank you for sharing it.  I so believe in "living life" as best we can "now", not later.  I hope you do stay in touch when you can as you are a great encourager, which so many of us need ;) Denise

Thanks Matt.  I was diagnosed with Lyme disease, as well.  And put on a second benzo (clonazepam) to counteract vertigo.... which may or may not have been caused by the first benzo (oxazepam) I was on for insomnia.   It's uncanny how Lyme disease symptoms are identical to benzo withdrawal symptoms.   Very tough to sort it all out.

I did have Lyme;  my test was highly positive, and I was treated aggressively for it back in 2010.    None of my vertigo or other symptoms cleared up......  until now.   I'm 20 months post both tapers.   I haven't had dizziness or vertigo for several months (I'm still dealing with other symptoms).

So, fingers crossed.  It seems like so many people with Lyme are given benzos as a standard part of their treatment.   If only I had known.

I'm so glad you are doing well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
[bu...]

Huh?? So did his symptoms go away after getting off benzos or after treatment for Lyme disease. Did they improve while tapering and then improve even more after Lyme treatment? So many questions here and unfortunately he doesn't discuss Lyme disease in any of his posts with the exception of this one so it's impossible to know for sure. 

[ns...]
On 03/08/2023 at 06:15, [[M...] said:

Finally better!!!

After 5 years on lorazepam and 2 years withdrawing I spent a further 18 - 24 months recovering. I remember desperately reading the success stories and praying I would get better. I'm going to keep my story brief.

I was put on Lorazaom by a useless Dr in 2012 as I had symptoms of high anxiety. I spent 5 years on Lorazapm until another Dr flagged up that all of my health issues were probably due to the drug.  I was given a councillor, switched to Valium and took 2 years to taper from 15mg of Valium. I'd previously been on 2mg of Lorazepam. The withdrawal was tough, I had the following symptoms and they have ALL gone, the worse being DP/DR. I constantly lived in a strange dark world.

Acid reflux, everything looked dark, shortness of breath, high anxiety, weight loss, symptoms recurring when eating food, food intolerance, DP/DR. All of these have gone.  Shortly after jumping I tested positive for Lyme disease. My initial anxiety in 2012 had been the first symptom of Lyme. I started Lyme treatment in 2019 and now I'm NEARLY symptom-free. I used herbs, hyperbaric oxygen, ozone, diet and positive thinking.

If you are on the healing journey from Benzo's or Lyme give yourself time and space to get better. Keep life simple. The body can recover from the most horrific injuries. You can aid the healing process by removing stress, eating well and staying positive. It is just time. As simple as these things sound they all have an important impact on the body and recovery. Science backs up positive thinking for health. For Lyme and Benzo, I stayed off gluten, dairy and processed food. I did drink when I was low but in the end, it didn't help.

This experience has shown me that Western medicine is floored and actually makes people sick. 

If you are a few years out and still having problems it may be worth considering testing for Lyme disease and co-infections like babesia and Bartonella as these can create neurological symptoms similar to Benzo's withdrawal. 

I went through the usual waves and windows like everyone else. I did post a success story a few months after jumping but I was just in an extended window. 

The healing process and timeline will be different for everyone. This site was a lifeline to me and everybody was amazing but it's very easy to get sucked into other people's problems and symptoms and spend far too much time searching up symptoms. Remebr that people who get better very rarely hang around the forums.

Keep going, 

Matt x

Hi Matt, thank you for sharing your story!

Lyme disease! Our sin has lyme. 4 different strains of the little parasite and its been so difficult for him and for us. I was tested for lyme as well. My symptoms mirrored my sons but were more than likely due to my first withdrawal, I didn't realize I was in withdrawal at the time.

I'm grateful to know you have healed from lyme as well as your success in tapering benzos. 

This gives me hope fir my son and fir myself as I just recently jumped!

Thanks again Matt and my hope for you is that you've completely destroyed those parasites forever!

Take care 

Ns

[ap...]
On 03/08/2023 at 23:15, [[M...] said:

Finally better!!!

Keep going, 

Matt x

I heard this before people who heal just move on