Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Username as Login ID

[Co...]

Most of you have probably noticed the banner notice regarding login. Some members have experienced problems using their email address as login ID, so we have temporarily relaxed the requirement. "Temporarily', because our ability to do this will be removed as an option in a future upgrade of this software.

If you are in direct contact with a member from BB who has been unable to login using their email address, please alert them to the change so that they can login and update their details.

Thank you.

When BenzoBuddies moved to this new forum software on 2023/07/21, we switched from username to email address as login ID. It seems that a fair number of members have either forgotten which email address they use for BB, or have changed their email address but failed to update their details at this community.

The default behaviour for this software is to allow only email address to identify the member at login. But as a temporary measure, we have overridden this to allow for email address or username to be used to identify your account at login.

However, the ability to use your username as login credential is deprecated. This means that in a future software update, the option for us to allow members to login using their username as login ID will be removed - we will be unable to override this behaviour.

If you have been unable to login, please use this opportunity to login now using your username and usual password. Once logged in, go to your profile and take note of (or update) your email address. Going forward, please use your email address as your login ID.

username (top-right of the community) => account settings => email address => update your details => save

The ability to use your username as your login ID will be maintained until the end of September 2023. Please ensure that you update your email address details as soon as possible, and certainly before the end of September.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change. But is it is forced upon by this software and does improve account security for our members.

Thank you.

Hi!

Remember me? This is pj. I have tried numerous times to log in, but I cannot.  My old email address is no longer valid and I don't know if my password is either. I am anxious to check out the new look at BenzoBuddies, the place I came to many years ago when I was in the throes of withdrawals and didn't have a clue what was happening to me.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi @[...]

Yes, of course I remember!

We are experiencing some technical problems with resetting password email, but it does not seem that's your problem. I will see if there is anything I can do to help, but I cannot guarantee that I will be able to return your account to you.

I'm going to make few preliminary checks - I'll be back in a few minutes.

If you logged into your old @[...] account from a different location,* you could try logging in from there with your new account. I need an IP match as a starting point.

* Work is usually a good starting point, because work IP addresses tend to be static over a long period. Home IP addresses can be static for a long time too. Or even a cafe, library, anywhere.

Colin, I was on for years as Pardner Sharil but couldn't get my password reset, I started a new log in.   Is there a way to recover the previous log in?  Thanks

Hi @[lo...]

There are technical problem which hope to have resolved within the next few days. They affect the ability of members to use email to reset their passwords.

Can you wait a few days? If not, then yes, but all means use your new account until things are resolved at our end.

Hi Colin,

I have been a member of BenzoBuddies for 12 years now and I have always been able to gain access to the forums.  

I have tried logging in with the same username and password that has worked for all those years. I have tried different passwords and usernames. I even tried to create a new account.  All I wanted to do was to check out the changes,which at first glance, seemed quite intriguing. 

I hope all is well with you.

Thank you for your time.  realize that you are a busy,busy man.

pj

Hi Colin,

It took me a while to figure out all the new changes: having finally done so,I've managed to create a new account. I am looking forward to reading posts again.  I like the new look a lot. it's great!

pj

Hello @[Pa...] If create a thread on the Contact the Team forum (other cannot tread your posts there), I will see if I can retrieve your old account for you.

To reassure you, your email address, username and password are unchanged with the move to the new software.