Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Interdose Withdrawal

[Go...]

Yes, that's why it's "interdose" WD.  It means the current dose does not last long enough to keep symptoms at bay.  You most likely reached tolerance to the current dose or you wouldn't be experiencing symptoms?  The exact same thing happened to me.

Yeah but does it last for years?  In other words, did the effect of the Klonopin "wear off" 10-15 years ago in between each dose?  That just seems like a very long time, but I remember having much anxiety/panic during my 21 years taking the pills.

That's normally NOT how it works.  Inter-dose means between doses that are taken daily not years apart.  Did you take K-pin daily for 21 years?  How long ago did you quit?  If you're still having symptoms after being off for a decade or so, it's super likely it's something not related to Benzos?

4 hours ago, [[T...] said:

That's normally NOT how it works.  Inter-dose means between doses that are taken daily not years apart.  Did you take K-pin daily for 21 years?  How long ago did you quit?  If you're still having symptoms after being off for a decade or so, it's super likely it's something not related to Benzos?

I think I understand what you are saying and I think you got me the first time.  I was wondering if internode withdrawal could have started 15 years ago, and continued up until I stopped taking Klonopin in January?  It would explain a lot; just not sure if my doses were becoming ineffective all those years ago.

On 8/2/2023 at 11:34 AM, [[G...] said:

Is it possible to experience interpose withdrawal for years?  I feel like I experienced this for over a decade??

I did. I was taking short acting benzos and z-drugs (half lives on the order of 4-6 hours) as prescribed every night for insomnia and would experience interdose withdrawal symptoms (trembling hands, shaking, anxiety, sweating, etc.) every afternoon around 3-4 pm. 

I did this for years because I never made the connection between the drug and these symptoms. I had been on the drugs for quite some time before it really got to an obvious problem. But I had these interdose withdrawal symptoms every day for at least 5 years. Possibly more.

On 8/2/2023 at 8:00 PM, [[G...] said:

I think I understand what you are saying and I think you got me the first time.  I was wondering if internode withdrawal could have started 15 years ago, and continued up until I stopped taking Klonopin in January?  It would explain a lot; just not sure if my doses were becoming ineffective all those years ago.

It could. But how often were you taking klonopin (clonazepam)? It has a pretty long half life (20-60 hrs). If you're taking it every day, it's not as likely to cause interdose withdrawal, but it's not impossible. Some people metabolize it more quickly and some people will metabolize it more efficiently the longer they take it.

Now, if you're taking it every other day or somewhat irregularly then it's more likely. 

The drugs that are famous for interdose withdrawal are the short acting benzos like Xanax (Alprazolam) which has a shorter 11hr half life or the z-drugs which are going to be maybe 4-6 hr half lives.

But, like I said - some people can process these drugs faster and you could experience interdose withdrawal taking klonopin daily.

What where you experiencing that you believe to be interdose withdrawal?

9 hours ago, [[N...] said:

It could. But how often were you taking klonopin (clonazepam)? It has a pretty long half life (20-60 hrs). If you're taking it every day, it's not as likely to cause interdose withdrawal, but it's not impossible. Some people metabolize it more quickly and some people will metabolize it more efficiently the longer they take it.

Now, if you're taking it every other day or somewhat irregularly then it's more likely. 

The drugs that are famous for interdose withdrawal are the short acting benzos like Xanax (Alprazolam) which has a shorter 11hr half life or the z-drugs which are going to be maybe 4-6 hr half lives.

But, like I said - some people can process these drugs faster and you could experience interdose withdrawal taking klonopin daily.

What where you experiencing that you believe to be interdose withdrawal?

Every day for 21 years.  More than anyone I read about here.  Pretty sure I need 24/7 mental care, but it’s not available.

I’m not so far behind you. 18 years. And we have some even longer (about 40 years I think).

What were your symptoms as far as interdose withdrawal?

On 08/08/2023 at 10:42, [[N...] said:

I’m not so far behind you. 18 years. And we have some even longer (about 40 years I think).

What were your symptoms as far as interdose withdrawal?

Panic, laziness, isolation.

On 09/08/2023 at 16:13, [[G...] said:

Panic, laziness, isolation.

For me - anxiety, physical shaking, racing heart, and overwhelming tiredness. Would happen every day around 3-4 pm.