Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

26yo 10years K use muscle wasting numb sensation

[be...]

Hello how are some of you doing with this I’ve only found few stories im only 26 and just about 2 months off 10 years of 3mg K use my muscles burn a little bit but seems to be wasting away so fast I can actually see they aren’t as big when I flex and things feel heavy and hard to do  I run my own cleaning business I’ve continued to work and walk in the evenings but I’m so scared I am going to become incapable of doing anything I also have a numbing sensation all over my body that has been there since end on my 2 month fast taper mentally I am seeming to be better then some but physically I’m getting worse I’m also on 600 mg of gabapentin which i started to help taper and not afraid to stop and upset my already very upset cns

TIA

Hello betterdayz4, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I know it’s scary but it’s difficult to know exactly what will happen.  That was fast taper from a heavy dose of Klonopin nad 2 months off the drug is very early in recovery so you can probably expect things to be very unsettled for awhile.

It’s great you’ve been able to keep working, I believe you can continue but it will be challenging.  Work is a great distraction, even though its rough, it can help distract you from your symptoms, it’s one of the tools we use to get through ths.

Hello betterdayz4

I had burning muscles and numbness, the symptoms sound like common withdrawal, I think you are doing amazing to keep working after a cold turkey.  A slow taper is recommended with benzodiazepines. You can get through this but its not easy, as Pamster said, distraction is key.  Have you felt the symptoms ease off a little?  How bad are the symptoms?  Don't cold turkey the Gabapentin, this med needs tapering but not yet.

This gabapentin group will help when you are ready, but wait until your feeling a lot better before considering starting another taper

Gabapentin (Neurontin) Withdrawl Support Group

Magrita :smitten: