Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Will This Go Away?

[ne...]

Having a rough day dealing emotionally. I am 29 weeks off and on the struggle bus with physical symptoms. Lots of neuro stuff, neuropathy, POTS like symptoms, etc. I overall can function more than the very early days but I am NOWHERE near my baseline. It's sad and discouraging. I just read an article on long-covid in the news referring to neuropathy and POTS thinking it's the same many of us are dealing with here from the benzo.

Do the injuries the benzo cause really heal? I see 6-18 months but realize that can happen way sooner OR way later. I just feel sad today; sad I've been dealing with this for over a year since I CTed before tapering (probably should have stuck out the CT as I don't feel much different) and I feel the idea of feeling normal/without symptoms is slipping away. Everything has been compromised from this; exercise, restful sleep, focus in areas of life and relationships that need it, energy for our upcoming getaway, etc. etc. etc.

Would love some positive feedback/encouragement and thanks! XO  :smitten:

I think it will .

Same timeframe as you.

I try to accept that I will be couchridxen another year…

Sleep eat well and count the minutes and hours you feel a little better.

I don’t know either how or when but I just can’t belief z drugs took my life forever

Hello nevouswreck,  I was like you at a year out, I was suffering and losing all hope, by 18 months I was feeling great, it could be sooner for you.  You have to keep going, keep distracting until it changes, it will change!  Withdrawal symptoms are temporary, no matter how bad you feel right now... it really does get better.

Hang in there

Magrita :smitten:

May i ask you btw beside all the muscle tightness if you also cannot walk anymore ?

We have to muscle shit in common.

Is yours still getting more intense?

Are you still very weak too?

Sooo many people who are healed have told me that the second year just gets better and better. Keep going.

• 2 weeks later...
I always come back and read your posts because I feel like me and you have a lot of the same symptoms, and they are very physical. It is crazy also because you and I both were on them for such a short period of time. Idk how hard it is with the pots and everything for you, but I just went and got a stress test, and just standing my heart rate was 150 which is insane to me, I just got put on a calcium channel blocker as the beta blocker was causing way to many symptoms. I just want you to know I am praying for you and I believe things will get better for us. It sucks how such a small amount of time of taking a med we thought we could trust ended up causing so many issues. I am always here to talk