Lorazepam to Clonazepam

[Da...]

Hi, I tried switching to diazepam a while back, that didn't work. I'm in severe tolerance withdrawal, basically having every symptom imaginable whilst still taking the same dose. I wasn't well before I went on it but now I'm much, much worse.

I had a private consultation with a psychiatrist several months ago. She thought that Clonazepam was an option if diazepam didn't work out. I'm extremely sensitive to medication changes, especially now my CNS is in disarray from the benzo tolerance. I just don't think it's possible to reduce the lorazepam in this state. What differences are there between the two drugs? Would the Clonazepam stop the interdose withdrawal and help stabilise to then taper?

Thanks for any input

What is your current dose of Ativan?  The Clonazepam can help with interdose, most members will take it at least twice a day. The Clonazepam won’t be as sedating as Valium but its still challenging as you know to change medications, but if you’re determined, its certainly possible.

In addition to the question Pamster asked (i.e. what is your current total daily dose?) …

What is your current daily dosing schedule?  How many milligrams of drug do you take at what times? 

What is your current dose of Ativan?  The Clonazepam can help with interdose, most members will take it at least twice a day. The Clonazepam won’t be as sedating as Valium but its still challenging as you know to change medications, but if you’re determined, its certainly possible.

It's 1mg Ativan per day