klonopin taper help please I am alone

[ez...]

Greetings my name is Ezequiel

Due to a false psychotic attack they made me addicted to clonazepam, (in Argentina it is clonazepam kilab).

They hospitalized me for 2 weeks and drugged me with haloperidol and clonazepam. And I realized that I was already dependent on clonazepam because when I left the hospital we cut the medication and 3 days later I had insomnia all night.

They gave me a 2mg initial dose, and now I am at a little less than 1mg, that is, 3/8

I need help, I would like to know what is the best way to get rid of this pill. I am not schizophrenic, I have not hurt anyone.

I am a normal person who was taken as schizophrenic due to a stressful event that I had and nerves, a diabolic attack that I had in a church.

I sleep at least 4 to 6 hours or less.

I have been taking clonazepam for more or less less than 3 months

Hello Ezequiel  :)  Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

We are glad you joined the community.  you are no longer alone, you have us here.  You are in the best place for taper and withdrawal advice.  The rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days, many need to go slower, always best to listen to your body. 

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as withdrawal information, it lists  possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might like to post here:

Klonopin Klub 

Magrita

• 2 weeks later...

If you are talking about each pill, then it would be 2mg each. And each set is 10 pills.

When I reached 3/8 I was fine for a few days, but suddenly I got insomnia and I got scared and raised the dose to 1.25mg.

With 2 mg pills, its pretty difficult to cut them so water titration is an option.  We’ll typically suggest a faster taper for those who have been on the drug for a short time but there is still going to be discomfort, and insomnia.  You’ll most likely feel symptoms even after the drug has been eliminated, so nothing to worry about there either. These symptoms are normal and accepting them will help you be less fearful. 

Do you intend to go back to 3/8 or will you stay at 1.25 and begin your taper there?