32 month setback after feeling almost 100%

[Ma...]

Hi buddies

In the spirit of transparency and my need to find community in dark moments, I am back in a huge wave after feeling almost completely healed. I wrote my success story over a year and a half ago: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=272321.20

Life was certainly not perfect, but it got so good, I travelled, I worked more, I felt so much fear lifting. I also never felt the chemical anxiety of benzo withdrawal, which left me in awe that we do heal.

About 2 months ago I got sick with a virus that wrecked my gut. I let my guard down, got overconfident and took an array of supplements, took topical Flagyl (didn’t know it was Flagyl!) for my rosacea and a 10 day course of Nystatin for suspected thrush. Writing this, I can see how I overwhelmed my nervous system, sheesh! Well, I’m back to windows and waves which has been devastating for me.

I wanted to come back to say wow, healing is certainly not linear. Benzo recovery can be very lonely. There are few friends that I can still share this with… everyone is sick of hearing about it! Thank God for a few faithfuls and my dear husband who can articulate for me, when I can’t, that I’m ok and that this is a setback.

Feeling quite weepy today and wondered if there are any wise words about setbacks at my stage of recovery? This community helped me through so much for so long, and it appears I’m leaning in again. 💕

Take solace in the fact that you felt so well you were able to let your guard down. It's upsetting that you had a setback but you know a near full recovery is possible and you should be feeling well again soon.

thanks so much for the encouragement ☺️ holding tight to these words.

Take solace in the fact that you felt so well you were able to let your guard down. It's upsetting that you had a setback but you know a near full recovery is possible and you should be feeling well again soon.