Withdrawal or no

[Pi...]

Is this withdrawal where my mind makes me panic and worry about health stuff 24/7 no peace in mind no normal thoughts. Just constant panic about health no matter how hard I try to fight it

It's driving me crazy

Hello,

Health anxiety is a very common aspect of benzo withdrawal. I had it very severely prior to finding this site and learning more about withdrawal. I was constantly taking my temperature and checking heart rate. I googled symptoms far too much. I also spent oodles of money on naturopathy doctors. In the end, it was ‘just’ withdrawal.

The best thing I did for myself was to forbade me from using Dr. Google, stop checking my vitals and and the calendar. I practiced acceptance and patience, two things that are hard for me. However, it was necessary to do this and allow my body to heal on its own time. Distraction is also key. I had my ‘bag of tricks’ that I used during the day and sometimes at night.

This is normal, try to distract and know that with time, your body will find balance again.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I suggest looking into some videos about dealing with intrusive thoughts & rumination. It sounds like you're getting unwanted thoughts about your health and then ruminating on them. The harder to fight the thoughts the more they persist unfourtunately. And thoughts are a lot stickier during withdrawal. Terrible brain glitch :( there are some threads here on how to deal with health anxiety and/or intrusive thoughts and they all follow the same idea of accepting the presence (not content) of the thoughts, being an observer to them and learning how to stop ruminating. I don't have a cheat sheet on that yet as I am currently learning how to do it myself but I've noticed some difference already by just allowing my intrusive, obsessive thoughts to be there and labelling them as intrusive and giving them as little attention as possible and redirecting my focus to something else.

Oh yes-I’ve been hitting Dr Google about TBI since 4 a.m. Ridiculous!! This thread just helped-thank you!

These videos Jenn Swan has done have been very helpful the last year…. She has so many and being a therapist going thru this she really talks about things in a non triggering and understandable way.

Hope

They can help y’all!