Burning Chest & GERD & Pale Stool & Palpitations

[Ma...]

I need to know if it is possible to take Gaviscon tablets at 7 months after having jumped off? I tried Prevacid and Pepcid AC and they both amped me up...I tried Prevacid 4 months after having jumped and Pepcid a couple of weeks ago and the Prevacid amped up my dizziness and Pepcid gave me heart palpitations.Baking soda and Pepto Bismol do not help and I cannot eat or sleep well and am scared to get a disease from this since I cannot calm it down.My stools have been loose and pale yellow,maybe due to all the carrots,sweet potatoes and broccoli and I just began having skipped and twitching heartbeats and yes I have had Echos,72 hour heart holter monitor,blood work and several EKG's all at the beginning of this ordeal and all came back normal.I'm anxious,scared and confused because it has been 7 months and it seems as if I'm going backwards...What am I doing wrong and what can I take without worrying about being revved up? And is this normal to get hit this bad after having simmered and being 7 months benzo free?

Hi Malic,

In terms of ‘if it is possible’ to take Gaviscon tablets after 7 months post jump, I think this really depends on the individual. It sounds like you’ve experienced so many of the awful GI symptoms so many of us have. I also could not take ANY antacids as most medications I’ve become so sensitive too on my taper journey. Is there any way you can manage the GI issues/acid with diet? For example (Just an idea – I’m not assuming you haven’t already tried this), can cut all caffeine/coffee/sugar/gluten etc? I know it’s not fun cutting out the ‘tasty’ stuff – I can only speak for myself but changing my diet improved my GI issues during tapering – tremendously. I think you’re right about the loose/stools and stool color – likely due to all the veggies you’re eating.

I COMPLETELY understand how terrifying it is to have skipped heartbeats – very unnerving. And I’m so glad the Holter monitor results came back ‘normal’, but I know these symptoms feel far from ‘normal’.

The symptoms that you’re describing, when did they start to ramp up? I’ve heard it’s normal within the first year or two to have ‘waves’ that come out of nowhere. I’ll let our admins chime in more on this topic. Can you share a little more about the why behind, the antacids? What are your specific symptoms in terms of GI (outside of loose stool etc.) Hang in there.