Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

2.5 year long daily migraine reduced in a couple of days

[fi...]

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share an incredible improvement for me in case anyone else is dealing with a similar issue.  During my klonopin taper I started getting migraines which towards the end of my 1 year and a half taper became daily.  I've struggled with chronic daily migraines for the past 2 and a half years.  I tried A LOT of things and nothing seemed to help. 

I've suspected of digestive issues since any natural supplements or medicine that I would try would give me unusual side effects.  I also developed some food sensitivities, brain fog and fatigue after eating.  After some research I decided to try a digestive enzyme supplement this weekend and the pain has lowered incredibly.  On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst pain, it has remained between 0-4!  I suspect that I have leaky gut which may have developed during the harsh tapering process.

Hi,

I’m using Source Naturals Essential Enzymes 500mg.  I only take 1 capsule before each meal as taking 2 gave me insomnia due to gut sensitivities.

Hi,

I’m using Source Naturals Essential Enzymes 500mg.  I only take 1 capsule before each meal as taking 2 gave me insomnia due to gut sensitivities.

Thanks  :thumbsup::smitten:

I think there's a lot to be said for healing the gut. Something I've been meaning to do. Need to clean up my diet really. Glad you've found something that helps you

I think there's a lot to be said for healing the gut. Something I've been meaning to do. Need to clean up my diet really. Glad you've found something that helps you

Thank you 🤍.  You’re absolutely right.  The past few years I was focused on the head but it’s been in my gut the whole time.  The gut-brain axis is so important.  Look into homemade sauerkraut.  I’ve heard so many good things about it.

I'm just looking into enzymes. I've started a probiotic and going to clean up my diet. I'm not quite sure what enzymes would be best. There's digestive enzymes and Proteolytic enzymes, I'm leaning towards the latter. Was there a reason you went with the enzymes you did?

Which enzymes are in this formula if I can ask?

I have suffered from MCAS since coming off benzos and I often take diamine oxidase(DAO), which is an enzyme that breaks down histamine. Is DAO one of the ingredients or are these enzymes different? Gut health is indeed incredibly important and I have been hard at work trying to repair mine!! I am hoping that my MCAS is not chronic as I did not have it before I came off benzos. But as with many other people on this board and in the world of benzo withdrawal in general, I am flying blind!