Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Xanax questions

[sc...]

Hello. I have been using alprazolam for about three months. usually 1 mg per day, but several times the daily dose was less than this. there were also gaps when I didn't use it for 6-8-10 days.

the reason for use was tramadol withdrawal, but I only replaced one addiction with another.

if I stop now, how long can the withdrawal last and what symptoms can I expect? and how long do these last?

I have very little experience with Benzos.

Thanks!

Hello scarehand  :) Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you joined, you'll get help and support here.  I would taper off, cold turkey is not recommended.  It is generally recommended to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days. This is a guideline, you could taper a little quicker to start with, you can always adjust it, to whatever feels comfortable. 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

You might like to post here.

The Xanax Club

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Magrita