Stress causing setbacks

[Al...]

My symptoms have always been the same. I get dizzy with horrible tension and pressure in my head and my worst symptom is a feeling of complete overwhelm in my brain. I’ve recently had a great deal of stress in my life from a family situation and I’ve been in a wave for a full month now with these symptoms again. Normally they’ll come and go and I can get a break. My brain literally hurts it feels so overstimulated. It’s hard for me to function. Then when I feel like this my anxiety picks up big time. Can anyone relate to stress tamping up their symptoms? I worry these meds have permanently ruined my brain.

I believe stress to be the number one contributor to increased symptom severity so yes, what you’re going through is typical.  This won’t permanently damage your brain, but its miserable while its happening. 

Has the family situation leveled off, can you find a way to distance yourself from it?

I can attest to that.  I have a dental appointment and I have been obsessing.  My anxiety is worse.

I don’t think there is much we can do but avoid stress if possible. 

I can’t really remove myself because it’s stuff with my teenage daughter so that’s part of the problem. Almost two years of this is normal? How can that even be?

Oh dear, teenage daughter, been there, unfortunately, yes its normal.  Your central nervous system is still raw from your experience, we’re just not ready to go out and fight the battles we used to but recovery is still happening.