Still Experiencing symptoms

[Al...]

Hello everyone I hope you are all well. Still experiencing waves, nerve pain, tingling, fatigue, muscle weakness and some funky reflex issues. It’s been such a long time it’s almost hard to believe it is still withdrawal.

Is this normal at this stage? It truly is the never ending story if it is.. Thank you  everyone

I’m sorry to hear you’ve still got so many symptoms but 5 months is still very early into recovery so yes, what you’re dealing with is normal.  It does end, we typically see full recovery between years 1 and 2 but your symptoms will lessen as time goes by.  Of course, they’ll lessen, then get stronger and some will disappear only to return so it will be difficult to see your progress.  It would help if you wrote down your symptoms and their severity. I didn’t and I could never see my progress, my poor sick brain just kept telling me I was still the same.

Thank you Pamster. Good idea to write down the symptoms which I have done but not in too much detail.

It is much better than what it was but as you said your sick brain cannot tell the difference. My reason and logic is telling me that this all started the moment I stopped benzos but the anxiety is telling me it’s something more sinister which I’m sure is a symptom of itself. It’s bizarre because I feel quite upbeat despite the symptoms.

You’ve captured the insanity of this process, logically we know things but logic goes out the window when fear and pain rule. I guess this is why we need so much reassurance, the tools and though processes we’ve used our entire lives are compromised and we just need someone to tell us the truth and that it will be okay.  My problem was, I didn’t believe them, just like the success stories, I thought they were fake, written by the team until I wrote one.  :P