Clinic in Serbia

[Pe...]

Does anyone know about the Dr Vorobjev Clinic in Belgrade Serbia? I am having such a rough time. 60% off my 1.5 mg clonazepam which took well over a year. Sounds like they have a benzodiazepine protocol, where they get you off in about a month?

Looks scary. Their website says they detox patients from benzos in 6-72 hours. Then they say this and make it sound like benzo detox is easy: "The signs and symptoms are expected to disappear within a short time. There are prescribed benzodiazepine detox medications that can be used to lessen and prevent symptoms. The following symptoms are possible during a benzo cleanse of the body: muscle aches, blurred vision, sweating, memory issues, depression, anxiety.

You will go in on one med and come out on six plus you're in a country where the medications have unfamiliar names so you won't even know what you are on.

I would do a phenobarbital three-week protocol before this any day. And that ain't pretty...

Hi, Perseverance, I am sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. Unfortunately, that is the case for many of us here.  :( Congratulations on getting down to 40% of your original dose, you have done great so far!

As for the detox clinic, I second Rebecca's advice. They don't seem to be correctly educated on benzo withdrawal and that worries me. The problem is not the benzo in our system anymore, the problem is the way the benzo changed our nervous system, and any rapid withdrawal will expose our brain to an unopposed glutamate storm.

You might want to watch this too:

I know, it's incredibly hard, but hang in there! Sending your love and healing vibes!

:hug:

I agree with the others. I actually called with them and that guy was just saying they would get the benzo out asap cause you need to stop poisoning yourself and then they put you on other meds to "stabilize your system" lol. He didn't even want to say which meds. Once off, the xenon gas they offer might be useful though.

Nothing is easy about benzo detox and nothing is quick. As we all habe gone through the journey is hell. I’m at 18 mos now. Things are so much better. You just have to keep at it and time heals

You.