Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Social isolation

[Ke...]

Hi, BB’s. I’m not doing too well, and I need some support. I’m in such terrible physical and mental shape from my tapering off of Xanax. As much as I want to see people do things, even the simplest things like take a walk, I’m so out of it that I can’t. I spent most of the last three years struggling with agoraphobia during Covid. Now I want to get out and do things, but physically, I just can’t. I live alone, and I have no family of my own. I live in the middle of nowhere so people don’t come to me very much.  I don’t really know what to do about it and it hurts so much. Please send me some good energy’s and prayers. Thank you, my friends. .

I understand how you feel.  I’ve been trying to get off Xanax for 3 years.  Do you have a cat or a dog for companionship? 

I’m just taking it one day at a time.  Healing from this poison takes a long time. I’ve been spending more time outside and in the sun each day.  Seems to be improving my energy.  I hope you get more energy soon.  I really do. 

Hi, BB’s. I’m not doing too well, and I need some support. I’m in such terrible physical and mental shape from my tapering off of Xanax. As much as I want to see people do things, even the simplest things like take a walk, I’m so out of it that I can’t. I spent most of the last three years struggling with agoraphobia during Covid. Now I want to get out and do things, but physically, I just can’t. I live alone, and I have no family of my own. I live in the middle of nowhere so people don’t come to me very much.  I don’t really know what to do about it and it hurts so much. Please send me some good energy’s and prayers. Thank you, my friends. .

Hello Kessie, I’m sorry you’re having a tough time tapering, have you tried slowing it down. I am sure  It will settle down for you. Withdrawal can be a very tough challenging process, but it will get easier. This journey takes longer than we would like, but it’s worth it, life will get better.

You will come through this tough time

Magrita  :smitten:

I understand how you feel.  I’ve been trying to get off Xanax for 3 years.  Do you have a cat or a dog for companionship? 

I’m just taking it one day at a time.  Healing from this poison takes a long time. I’ve been spending more time outside and in the sun each day.  Seems to be improving my energy.  I hope you get more energy soon.  I really do.

Hello Sunrise1153  Welcome to Benzobuddies

You have a great attitude, one day at a time is how to get through this journey.  It does take a long time but it’s worth it to be free.  It sounds like you’ve started tapering,  It is generally recommended to taper between 5-10% every 10-14 days. Let’s know if you need help with anything, I'll post a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

You might also like to post here:

Xanax Club

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Magrita :smitten:

Praying for you Kessie. This journey is indescribably difficult and lonely, we all feel for you. I became extremely agoraphobic because of this suffering. It is still hard for me to be around people. But, very early in the morning, just before sunrise, I go out on the front porch and sit very quietly and still...and bunnies come out. There were three this morning, and they are so adorable. I am filled with wonder and joy just watching their furry, timid little antics. I try to take in the magic of nature, and I feel uplifted. Maybe there is some natural beauty that you could connect with. I hope so. Breathe in the morning air and let nature lift you up and take care of you for a bit. 🐇🐇🐇

Kessie, I have this feeling too. I also live alone, have anxiety, struggle with insomnia and I am very exhausted. If you want, we can message and support ourselves.

Tall Girl - what a nice text, I imagined the bunnies and it lifted my mood. 😊

Yes, we have to be patient and be grateful for small things. But I struggle with this too. I miss my old life.

Thank you so much to everyone who responded. I had a terrible few days, and I’ve had to backtrack on my taper slightly to stabilize. I do have two cats, and they are my greatest comfort. I start every day by remembering how good it is to have this life, imperfect assertive, and know that it will get better in time. To have the isolation and so many terrible physical and mental symptoms is the worst prison imaginable. I’m thinking of all of you every day and I’m so grateful that we are not alone here the brightest blessings to all of you.❤️