benzo belly while tapering?

[Hi...]

I am currently down to 0.3 mg Valium, I have been reducing my dose consistently every 2 weeks. About two months ago I developed severe what I thought were IBS symptoms, I have cramping/ urgency  and gas pains and while I usually have a normal BM daily, afterwards I continue to have loose stool. Has anyone health with this during tapering process? I have had so many various symptoms thought out this adventure but the last two months have been mostly GI.

Awesome job!!! You’re so close to being done at .3mg…… your body doesn’t even feel this dose of Valium so likely in the more acute stage and yes benzo belly is very common. Just do what you can and know you’re almost off the poison!! Congrats!!

I’ve had all of what you mentioned and did stool tests early on when my stomach was a mess because I didn’t know how things could be so messed up and be considered normal in this. Thankfully showed no issues. Always ok to check things out, but do know what you’ve mentioned is very common symptoms and so try some foods maybe easier on your tummy for a few months and hope things then start to get easier the further away you are from jumping off.

Congrats again so close to being done! Huge deal!!!

Awesome job!!! You’re so close to being done at .3mg…… your body doesn’t even feel this dose of Valium so likely in the more acute stage and yes benzo belly is very common. Just do what you can and know you’re almost off the poison!! Congrats!!

I’ve had all of what you mentioned and did stool tests early on when my stomach was a mess because I didn’t know how things could be so messed up and be considered normal in this. Thankfully showed no issues. Always ok to check things out, but do know what you’ve mentioned is very common symptoms and so try some foods maybe easier on your tummy for a few months and hope things then start to get easier the further away you are from jumping off.

Congrats again so close to being done! Huge deal!!!

THANK YOU!! I am super excited to be done with benzos and predict being free by the end of June.

I have also gotten stool testing done- all normal except for some question of malabsorption issues, thankfully that's not so serious.