Burning Chest

[Ma...]

Has anyone here experience intense burning chest? I took care of the reflux but the intense burning chest symptom persists and I am going on my 7 month benzo free.It is not the relux and it feels like muscle because when I twist or move in certain ways it causes mild fleeting pain like sore muscles.Any feedback will give me peace of mind as I'm freaking out since everyone tells me that at 7 months I should be almost symptom free but I'm not.

Hello  Malicioso :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am glad you  joined us .  Sorry you’re dealing with chest burning right now, its something i haven't had.  Hopefully our members will give you some feedback  Congratulations being 7 months benzo free, It can take quite a while for symptoms to resolve, 18 months for me.  I am sure the chest burning will be another withdrawal symptom that will disappear with more time.  Take a look around the forum,  ask questions, you’ll get plenty of support and encouragement here.

The Ashton Manual, gives you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do.  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, It also includes a list of common symptoms.  symptoms 

I will leave a few links for you to check out.

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Members can respond with the best information if they know your medication history.  If you could do a signature for us by going to the top of the page and selecting PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

I found a few threads, there are more, our search is not that good, I use Google, and limit the search to the BenzoBuddies site.  That's done by entering the following in the Google search. 

Chest Burning Site:BenzoBuddies.org

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=245067.msg3123775#msg3123775

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=264148.0

Magrita :thumbsup:

Have you ever had sore throat and runny nose from withdrawal? I cannot take PPI's as they trigger me and Pepcid did the same.I can only do baking soda and Pepto Bismol.This is hell,will this cause me illness or disease?

Hi Malicioso,

The chest burning is one of my worst sxs.  You have not created a signature yet so let me ask you which benzo did you detox from? I do not recall having them from xanax when I became completely tolerant but klonopin gave me the worst chest burning. Valium is bad too, but does not seem as intense as the klonopin was IIRC.

Does it come in waves? Does it interrupt your sleep. I can be asleep and get the chest / middle back burning wake me up in a panic......horrible sensation. I am a bit perplexed that you are still having this at 7 months off. The burning usually subsides and goes away after a few months. How often are you getting this? Have you had any remissions since you stopped 7 months ago?

I do not know what remission means but I was on Klonopin and I did not get this symptom at all throughout my entire taper or after jumping.I started getting it about 4 days ago and at first thought it was heartburn,but even if I take care of the heartburn,the chest burning persists.And yes,sometimes I feel it on my back too.And you scared me cause you told me that you are surprised that I'm getting that now at going on 7 months.I'm still highly sensitive and don't want to imagine having something else on top of withdrawals.At least I know now that it is a symptom thanks to you.Mines happens sitting up too but usually it is more intense when I lay down.And this symptom came after I had about a month and a half of finally being manageable,not great or even good.But manageable.What do you think?

In the beginning it was 24/7 for the first two days,then it came in waves...But it is scary because you know how fragile our minds are during this and we can think up all sorts of things.And to make matters worse,I was put on Klonopin for panic and anxiety disorders and I have horrible health anxiety.I'm basically a hypochondriac.

Oh and sorry I'm new here and do not know how to really use this,yes it interrupts my sleep greatly because it is very scary and I'm scared to fall asleep and then never wake up.So I'm falling asleep around 5am or 7am in the morning and only sleeping 4 or 5 hours and it is really rough because I was sleeping really well before this symptom came out now.And yes after all this time it came on now and no I did not reinstate or gouched any benzo or ssi or ssri or any other medication or supplent out there

Sorry, I did not mean to scare you, but I can tell you that the Klonopin gave me horrible intense burning mostly in my chest and back areas, but my reaction was not delayed like yours. It started immediately after I became completely tolerant to the klonopin and they took me off CT in an inpatient mental health detox facility. Like you, I also suffer with horrible health anxiety too and I have what has been described as cardiophobia. This crap will play tricks on your mind and cause you to think something else is seriously wrong with you, when in fact these really bizarre sxs are all due to benzo w/d. I know the burning is very unnerving, but this SX should fade and eventually go away in time.

How much Klonopin were you on, how long, and how long was your taper? Did you do a direct taper using Klonopin.

Hello Antibenzo,no need to apologize,we suffer from the same thing,I too have cardiphobia and know exactly what you meant as soon as I saw it.I have severe health anxiety and so I know about all phobias associsted with health issues,trust me.I must admit that this wave that hit me has also given me intense GERD which is a condition I already had before tapering and took a PPI for it for over a decade.But when I tried taking during my taper and even afterwards,it amped up my symptoms severely.I tried to take Pepcid AC a couple of days ago and on day two I almost called the ambulance.So I'm left with Pepto Bismol,Tums and Baking Soda and water.The Tums make alot of people get worse but I can tolerate it well and only take 3 to 4 tablets in 24 hours tops,if that.But none of these things help,they may take the edge off but my reflux is brutal.My chest pain,I thought was due to this but I realize that I never had reflux like this in my entire life and when I get my reflux under control,my chest still burns intensely which confuses me greatly and scares me really bad as I'm constantly googling up things in order to find a cause or a reason.My biggest fear is that I cannot really take care of it the way I should and it can cause me cancer or a heart attack.I feel scared to death and horrible horrible.I find myself crying all the time again after having been manageable for over a month.I was on 1mg of Klonopin for 13 yrs and tapered in 4 and a half months which is a fast taper and I tapered in a horrible state since I was in tolerance too.I hear people being much better at this point in time in their journey and look at me.I live in horror,depression,despair and total fear everyday.And I literally think that this withdrawal will either cause me an incurable illness in the long run or cripple me for an eternity.

I fully understand Malicioso. I have the same exact thoughts as you do. You said you were on the K for 13 years. I think I was on it for about 11 or 12, can't recall exactly. If you ever want or need to PM me, my PM door is always open. I may not respond back immediately, but I will eventually reply back.

Why were you put on klonopin in the 1st place? Did it work ok in the very beginning?  When did you start having problems from taking the drug?

Hang in there my friend. 7 months off these brain toxins is a huge accomplishment. I hope you start to have some windows soon.

Hello AntiBenzo,I do not know how to PM anyone here,I have FB and Instagram if you ever want to connect,or if not then show me how to work this app because I really know zero on how to use this at all.I keep reopening the app from time to time to see if I have any messages.I was put on Klonopin for anxiety and panic disorder.And it was a miracle drug in the beginning,it gave me my life back.As for problems I had them for innumerable years bit it got progressively worst and I never knew why.So I would drink alot.My acid reflux along with my burning chest which is not heartburn related by the way is insane.I tried taking Prevacid and got amped after 4 months of having jumped.Now I'm going on 7 months and bought Omeprazole and hoping it helps without amping me up.

Near the top of your page, you’ll see Home>>Help>>Search>>Profile and My Messages.  If you’ll click on that, you’ll be able to send PM’s, personal messages. 

Hi and thanks Pamster. How have you been? I just received a PM from Malicioso.

I am so glad this forum exists. This is still the best place on the internet IMO for anyone dealing with benzo w/d.

I wish more doctors and other medical professionals would come here and learn. This is real life what happens to some ppl after many years of taking these drugs.

Hi and thanks Pamster. How have you been? I just received a PM from Malicioso.

I’m well, thanks AntiBenzo7, its good to ‘see’ you again.  :smitten: