Memory issues to put my wife at ease?

[To...]

My wife is only 41 and a few years into this (almost 5) with a few unfortunate stress setbacks but do many do you have issues with word recall, making sense of directions or things you read or are told?

She had an mri last year that only had a few white spots but nothing more and they tested her cognitive ability which was fine. She did need z pack in April for strep so that may be the culprit of increased symptoms and hopefully will clear out in time.

Shes done so many dr apots that the stress alone sets her back and just to give normalcy to her would be huge and it’s part of this unfortunate journey and will get better. Thanks

Hello,

I don't know if you are exposing her situation or if you are asking any questions for your wife to recover her memory and cognitive part.

My recommendation, in case it's a question, would be walks in nature, reading something  that she likes (even if you don't understand what you read well at first, her brain will find a practical way to understand what read), pass time with a pet Walk outdoors.

Wishing his wife gets better.

My wife is only 41 and a few years into this (almost 5) with a few unfortunate stress setbacks but do many do you have issues with word recall, making sense of directions or things you read or are told?

She had an mri last year that only had a few white spots but nothing more and they tested her cognitive ability which was fine. She did need z pack in April for strep so that may be the culprit of increased symptoms and hopefully will clear out in time.

Shes done so many dr apots that the stress alone sets her back and just to give normalcy to her would be huge and it’s part of this unfortunate journey and will get better. Thanks

Im not sure what you mean by white spots? Is it calcification of her arteries in her brain? Nerve tangeling or is there a "myeling sheet" problem, which means the fatty insolation around her nerves are dysfunctioning? Please forgive me if I misread your post. In any case if I were her and the fact of the matter if she is taking a statin, i would stop taking the statin. I cant say she should, only what I would do in her situation. If its withdrawal related i would give it more time.

Yes,  many issues with word recall, and memories,  even short term memory, I even forget I just fed the dogs,. I'm in my 30s, normal mri. Sometimes I need things repeated like 4 times before i even grasp it.  Ha.  I did however,  understand what you were asking.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not sure what you mean by white spots? Is it calcification of her arteries in her brain? Nerve tangeling or is there a "myeling sheet" problem, which means the fatty insolation around her nerves are dysfunctioning? Please forgive me if I misread your post. In any case if I were her and the fact of the matter if she is taking a statin, i would stop taking the statin. I cant say she should, only what I would do in her situation. If its withdrawal related i would give it more time.

No a few white spots in the brain that can be from migraines for example and she does have head pressure almost 24/7 since detox. The neurologist she see last year said it could have been a one time episode of demyelination from detox or from the excitotoxicity, because she definitely doesn’t have MS and her symptoms change a lot and get worse with stress and certain supplements… the norm…

Her cardiovascular system is completely healthy 100 percent. Luckily in the last few weeks her memory stuff is getting better and it’s all morphing and shifting again. We weee just outside by a friend who was smoking and that made her ten times worse as smells are so strong to her and her head pressure, burning mouth, face pressure, brain fog and temple pressure all went through the roof .

I’m not five years out but nine months out and I have massive memory issues, particularly short term.  I can’t tell you how many times in the past 9 months I have done crap like leave food in the oven too long, washed clothes and forgotten about them, been unable to remember if I took my Zyrtec in the morning, if I brushed my teeth already, etc.  Word recall is difficult a lot of the time.  Remembering people’s names. 

The information is in there.  It’s just hard to access at times.  The short-term stuff definitely more problematic.  That has definitely gotten worse with age but it took a nosedive 9 months ago.