Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

A bit unsure where to start

[Gr...]

Hi, ive been on klonipin since 2021 and I’ve been in a dark place for about a year now. I haven’t spoken to a doctor or anything about it yet, but I’m hoping that i can get some advice and support here before i do

Hello  Greencamlet :hug:  welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

I’m glad you’ve found us, you’ve come to a great place for support. What dose are you on?  Benzodiazepine should only be used short term (2 weeks).  If you are looking to taper, we will help and encourage you through this process.  Benzo withdrawal is not  easy,  the symptoms are unpleasant but its worth it to be free of these drugs.  Browse the forum do some research, post questions our members are knowledgeable and will offer you support.

The best way to come off benzodiazepines is slow.  The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  Some of us need to taper more slowly. You can learn more about tapering on our taper plans boards.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  As well as withdrawal information, it lists  possible temporary withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might like to post to this support group:

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita