Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Longtime high-dose clonazepam user, do I have a chance?

[kp...]

Hi all.

I've been a longtime user of benzos and other GABA agonists.  I read a lot of the stories on here and similar forums I get discouraged.  I am aware that my dose of clonazepam is very high compared to a lot of other people, and I don't see many success stories of tapering down from people who took as much as I did.  It seems even taking half as much as I did for half as long would produce a terrible withdrawal.  I wonder if it is even possible or desirable in my case, or if I should just stick with the devil.

I genuinely don't know what I want to do.  If anything, I'd like to hear from people who have experience taking these high doses of clonazepam and made it out the other end.  Alternatively, brutal honesty telling me that I'm kind of screwed is welcome too.

Thanks for reading.

Hello pinned - welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us.  I'm sorry you've been through such a rough time.  You will find a wealth of good information here and support from others who under what this experience is like.  We can help you put together a sensible plan for tapering off clonazepam (Klonopin) that will be as manageable as possible.  We have had many members recover after high doses of benzos. 

Please explore the site at your leisure.  Feel free to post with questions about your situation.  Below are a few links to help you get started:

We're glad you're here - please reach out for support-

Brighterday

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature