Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Bromazepam

[Ma...]

I use bromazepam (Lexaurin) 6mg per day more then four years. I would like to finish it. I found your community when I read about prof.Ashton. I would like to find help with withdrawn from addiction. My plan is slow substitution with diazepam. I want to find on this forum more information and help to be able create slow weaning scheme bromazepam=>diazepam=>nothing......

Hello  Mazajda :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies!. 

We are glad you are here.  Please browse the forum do some research, many choose to switch to a longer acting benzodiazepine like diazepam.  Check out the substitution board (Planning your taper)  decide on a taper plan.  The best way of getting off benzodiazepines is a slow taper The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  This is too fast for most of us,  alter the schedule to whatever feels right.  The aim is to keep symptoms manageable.  You will find lots of information and plenty of support on the forum. We have a great community, post questions, our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal.  You may want to familiarize yourself with the Ashton Manual. It is a great resource for information about these medications and how to withdraw.

Here are a few links to resourcest:

The Ashtons Manual  .

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

For support with any symptoms post here:

Withdrawal Support

If you would please be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita