Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can't believe I'm going through this again...

[ka...]

Hi folks

Long time lurker first time poster, love the site. Good to know I'm not alone.

I've been a benzo user before - I've had a couple of habits lasting two and three years each time - so I'm no newbie. But here I am again, coming off the back of another habit, and like I say in the post title I can't believe I'm doing it again. Opiates are nothing compared to a benzo rattle.

So I've got a lot of the stuff I need (except maybe Flumazenil!) - I've got Gabapentin, Mirtazapine, some (prescribed) weed high in CBD, Multivitamins, Magnesium, Niacin, loads and loads of soluble vitamin C tablets and Chamomile tea.

I'm a parent but split with my partner so she's looking after our child while I do this and I've got a week off work. I know from experience I could be looking at 3-6 months before I get back to anything resembling feeling normal again but I've done it before, and the last times I did it practically bareback, just alcohol and weed for company. This time I'm prepared but I'm older - I've got responsibilities I have to meet - so the stakes are higher.

Despite my experience at this I know I'll be missing something simple that someone here might kindly tell me worked for them. If I am missing anything that could help please let me know. Thanks in advance, and thanks for reading.

Hello kaptaink - welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us.  You'll find plenty of good information here as well as support from others who understand what this process is like.  Please tell us more about your situation.  What benzo have you been taking, what dose, how long, etc?  We can help you plan a sensible taper that will help keep withdrawal symptoms manageable so you're able to function as well as possible during your taper.  We typically suggest tapering  with small cuts (5-10%) every 10 days or so as symptoms allow.  But you'll learn more as you explore the site.

I'll give you some links below to help you get started but please let us know how we can help you.

Welcome!

Brighterday

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Chapter 3 Ashton manual, list of symptoms

Add your history/signature

Hello and welcome back, I also started this about 2.5 years ago but went too fast, and ended up back on the benzos. 

I am basically new at a serious "taper" now but only going on 2 months, without any support.  I am forever grateful to find BB again, and the people that have helped me out as my brain is a bit scrambled.  I've just been back about a week now.

I read a lot and love to research, do the footwork, as no one can do it for me.  People here are so good about helping me understand what I've read, when all too often, I don't.  I have to re-read a lot these days  :idiot:;D

I second Brighterday's links to read, I had no idea what a benzo can do to my body, until I started reading on this site mostly, but other's as well.  I'll put one of my fave read's link for you below, and I am so glad you are wanting to kick it.  I hope no one waits as long as I did to pay attention (I'm 70 now) to find out exactly what is going on.

The Success Stories section is a great read too for me.

"What is Happening in your brain?"

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232042.msg2977793#msg2977793

Colin's Story:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/about-us/meet-the-team/#colin