Measuring Cylinders, Spreadsheet for Water Titration tracking

[or...]

My first thought was you explained the "slide" analogy and I began to understand better already in the Hyperbolic method, thank you much!

Also, I wondered if he mentioned the shape the older people are in, pre-existing conditions etc. but I'll keep watching as well.  I have neighbors that are my age but they are on so many pills, and have so many things already wrong with them, I think it would be safer if they did what Dr. Doering suggests.

I'm 70, as some know, but I'm going to try this because I take no other drugs, at all, and might still stand a chance to be free of it.  As always it is true all of us are different, especially in how bad off we may be after living longer years abusing our bodies, or taking care of them maybe, except for the Benzo.  Believe me, I do wonder still, if it may be too late, but I'm determined to give it ago.  I don't feel any fear at this point, maybe I'm just numb from the neck up :laugh:

[/img] The image insertion tool does not appear to be working - or it is me.  Exponential is like a slide or ski slope. Just google logarithmic or exponential and see the images. 

What he was noting is that the same 'large' 10% cuts used at the start of the taper might not be suitable/wise to use towards smaller lower dose amounts, where they might need smaller and smaller cuts as the dose gets smaller and smaller.

Anyone - feel free to chime in.

Using Dr. Doerring's exponent/log theory, it will take a longer time to reduce the taper prolonging it out for some time to avoid side effects and symptoms.  Dr. Ashton, on the other hand noted to cut 1mg per week or 2 weeks and quit.    Appears to be a contradiction.  I am just one of you and do not hold a PhD or medical license - trying to make sense of it all.

Mike  (almost 70 here too....)

(Dr. Doerring's video at the 6:30 mark mentions us 'elderly' types might desire to stay on a low maintenance dose FOR END OF LIFE, rather than go through the protracted withdrawal process.) 

Something about our older brains not being as pliable to recovery as the younger folk who have 20-50 more years to go.

My father made it to 82 with dementia.  I am almost 70.  I myself am having some thoughts about Dr. Doerring's video.

PAM:  how does that IMAGE insertion tool work?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [Ke...]

• [...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought was you explained the "slide" analogy and I began to understand better already in the Hyperbolic method, thank you much!

Also, I wondered if he mentioned the shape the older people are in, pre-existing conditions etc. but I'll keep watching as well.  I have neighbors that are my age but they are on so many pills, and have so many things already wrong with them, I think it would be safer if they did what Dr. Doering suggests.

I'm 70, as some know, but I'm going to try this because I take no other drugs, at all, and might still stand a chance to be free of it.  As always it is true all of us are different, especially in how bad off we may be after living longer years abusing our bodies, or taking care of them maybe, except for the Benzo.  Believe me, I do wonder still, if it may be too late, but I'm determined to give it ago.  I don't feel any fear at this point, maybe I'm just numb from the neck up :laugh:

[/img] The image insertion tool does not appear to be working - or it is me.  Exponential is like a slide or ski slope. Just google logarithmic or exponential and see the images. 

What he was noting is that the same 'large' 10% cuts used at the start of the taper might not be suitable/wise to use towards smaller lower dose amounts, where they might need smaller and smaller cuts as the dose gets smaller and smaller.

Anyone - feel free to chime in.

Using Dr. Doerring's exponent/log theory, it will take a longer time to reduce the taper prolonging it out for some time to avoid side effects and symptoms.  Dr. Ashton, on the other hand noted to cut 1mg per week or 2 weeks and quit.    Appears to be a contradiction.  I am just one of you and do not hold a PhD or medical license - trying to make sense of it all.

Mike  (almost 70 here too....)

(Dr. Doerring's video at the 6:30 mark mentions us 'elderly' types might desire to stay on a low maintenance dose FOR END OF LIFE, rather than go through the protracted withdrawal process.) 

Something about our older brains not being as pliable to recovery as the younger folk who have 20-50 more years to go.

My father made it to 82 with dementia.  I am almost 70.  I myself am having some thoughts about Dr. Doerring's video.

PAM:  how does that IMAGE insertion tool work?

I don't think it works, not easily if it does.  I read something about FTP but I know nothing about using images in that.  I store my photos on my prime photos, Amazon, and copy a link there and can share it here.  Let me know would you if you find out ;)  Thanks much!

Yes, after reading your message here, I had a better understanding and Doering has another video where he shows charts, I hope I'm right because Horowitz does also, and has that exponential reduction.  I think it sounds good as evidently that smaller the dose becomes, for especially oldsters (term I heard on TV, lol) that sudden drop we may be doing fine earlier on gets more difficult.  Although yes, maybe some older folks should go ahead on the lowest dose they can stabilize on.  I can't help but think of how much quality of life I may gain if I do the daily micro taper, with options to hold if my body calls me out on it ;)

I have a feeling I would know if I need to level out a bit and even lengthen my reduction plan, maybe even maintain the rest of my life with that lower dose??

I also wanted to add my thoughts on my age, and personally, how I feel for my situation.  I did listen to the follow-up video of Doerings on age, and within a minute I think he mentioned one of my considerations, or the cons of staying on the C for me.  I am having what I believe are side-effects of the C, or they could be from that since none of the ones I have developed during my 35 years of using 1 mg a day, are prevalent in my family, so probably not genetic.  The biggy, well, 2 biggies are an Essential tremor, and the other is memory, maybe dimnetia or altheimer, start of.

If I still have even the slightest chance of turning that around, I want to go for it.  The other thought that crosses my mind is by a daily micro-taper, it's said that your body is sort of tricked into hardly noticing the lack of such small daily cuts.  I hear in articles I can't cite at the moment but can find the ones I've read and put them here should someone ask, but there seems to be the least amount of withdrawals.  I haven't heard anything about age until I saw the Doering Video after that first link of his, or it follows right after that video that's linked above.

I don't know about you KW, but time is really flying as I get older and I can't fit everything I want to into some of my days ;)  10 months is when I could finish my taper and if I was in my younger days, holding down a job, maybe having a family etc., 10 months, maybe a whole year would just blow my mind to have to wait that long.  But for me, no big deal as that time is going to fly for me, and maybe be the safest.  I do have options all through this though, so I am extra happy about that  :thumbsup:

Hi All,

I'm thinking of buying a better scale, ordering one but before I do that, I'd like to ask if anyone was able to taper just with a razor-blade and/or shaving with a Diamond brand nail file, all the way to your jump-off, and what sort of scale did you have?  I spend a lot on my truck, my computers, etc. and since this is my life I'm dealing with I may have to go higher on the scale is what I am thinking.  Any recommendations for scales would be helpful but no, I can't afford in the 1,000 dollar ranges.

This guy was able to weigh down to .0004 I think he says, but my scale doesn't register anything close that low.  I calibrate it every single time before I weigh another size, but it is failing to even be within a close range each time.  Hoping I get some feedback but if not, no biggie, I can wing it and usually figure things out, so far ;)