Important Survey - Please Participate ×

help need some advice on my taper

[my...]

[

I still don't understand how you are tapering, despite what Linda says. Brain fog? I still read it as one more cut left from 7.5 mg. You are currently on 2.5 mg then? It's up to you, but I personally would not go that fast.

Tony, she is down to  1/4 of a 7.5mg temazepam capsule. This is 1.87mg.  Her next cut will bring her to about .9 mg and then she will jump from that.

That equals less than .5mg valium. A reasonable jump.  Especially considerering the relatively short time she was taking benzos.  ;)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [my...]

• [el...]

• [Th...]

• [TP...]

I think that my next cut will bring me to 1.87mg,  if you divide 15mg by 8 you get 1.875.  We did that and put 3/8 in a capsule, then 2/8 in a capsule, then 1/8 in a capsule  So I will effectively be jumping off of 1/8 or 1.875mg which is equal to about .9mg of vallium.  Do you think that is too much?

Okay so you next cut is not your last as you implied before.

Personally, I kept cutting bv 0.1 mg every 4 days until I hit zero. If you are able to reduce the last 1.8 by less and smoothly come down the rest, like if you could cut that down into quarters say, it would certainly be easier on your CNS I believe. On the other hand, Linda jumped at more than that and seems to be doing ok. So it's really up to you. Please do not expect to suddenly be well though. It doesn't work that way.

Yes, I jumped from the equivalent of 2.5mg valium. Everyone is different I guess.  :D

My, I'm confused now. Are you filling capsules? You are cutting them and then filling new ones? I'm so confused!  :laugh:   

I thought you said you were currently on 1.87mg, and will make one more cut, then jump. 

Ok,

right now I am at 2/8 or 1.875 +1.875 = 3.750.  My next cut will be to drop one of the 1.875 or 1/8 leaving me off at 1.875.  Do you think this is too much????

We opened the capsules and divided them into 8ths and then put 3 piles in a gelcap, 2 piles in a gel cap and 1 pile in a gel cap.

I am now taking the gel cap that has 2 piles or 2/8's  This is my first day after the drop from 3/8- not doing too good but living.

I am wondering if I should drop to 1mg instead of 1.875 on the next drop and drop a little faster or stay at this pace and just drop off at 1.875 which is equal to .9mg of vallium.

I am wondering if I should drop to 1mg instead of 1.875 on the next drop and drop a little faster or stay at this pace and just drop off at 1.875 which is equal to .9mg of vallium.

Keep the pace you are at. It's fast enough!

so you don't think I should drop the dose - just continue where I am? I am trying to drop after 7/8 days on one dose

Can you do 1mg?, if you can, why don't you first go to 1.87mg for a week, then 1mg for a week, then jump. You'll be done in two weeks. It's not a race, and you will feel a lot better.

i just dropped to 2/8 or 3.74mg yesterday, i need to hold for at least some days, then i will jump to the last 1.85 then to 1 and then off?  that could extend me another week

Is this what you meant?

Hi Mylosmiles,

Trust me, this website wouldn't exist if it were in your mind. I still can't believe it myself. I only took this poison for about 8 weeks, and it has been since Feb 18 getting off this poison and still have at least 60 days or more to go. When I went too fast, I did not feel very well and I know it was not in my head. I will never trust another doctor that writes me a prescription and will research it before ever taking any prescription. Not everyone reacts to the medicine as we have, but there are a lot that do.

T2 :smitten:

It is amazing that this small amount effects me - is this all in my mind?

No it's in your receptors. :thumbsup: Glad you're considering smoothing the taper some. Believe me, what you're going through is not untypical.

What I was thinking about was

I am on 3.75 mg right now

What if I split that by 3 making the next drop go down by 1.275mg (.6mg vallium equivilant)

making it 2.475mg then drop 1.275 hold and off.

Does slowing down the amount of the taper help with the w/d symtoms???

Slowing down the amount and/or speed of the taper can affect w/d symptoms. Oftentimes folks slow down their taper towards the end.

rufus

i just dropped to 2/8 or 3.74mg yesterday, i need to hold for at least some days, then i will jump to the last 1.85 then to 1 and then off?  that could extend me another week

Is this what you meant?

Yes.  ;)

theresa:

do you have w/d symptoms between your drops, it sounds like you don't have too many symptoms - I have w/d symptoms all the time sometime not too bad.

Hi Mylosmiles,

I did have lots of symptoms when I was reducing by .125 but they have subsided a lot since only cutting .0625. It may be that I am on a lower dose now too. I do not know why you have been so symptomatic during your tapering, as you see, I have only been at this for a few months myself. I hope you feel better soon.

Hang in there!

T2  :smitten: