Important Survey - Please Participate ×

help need some advice on my taper

[my...]

I actually cut the Tamazapam a second time after four days from the first cut, that is where I crashed and added the .25 back in, it has been 3 days since then... but I really think I need to stablize for a little while

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [my...]

• [el...]

• [Th...]

• [TP...]

Does anybody know if these drugs come back to haunt you after years like LSD?  Also, since I screwed up and cut two drugs at once - can anybody tell me how long symptoms from Ativan will continue after the last cut? You'all have really scared me. These w/d symtoms do go away I have read that, it just takes time - this is such a nightmare for one month worth of pills

Hi Myolsmiles,

No, the limited time you were on these, you will have no long term effects. It should only be a couple weeks that you will feel bad. You stated in your earlier posts that your w/d s/x kick in on the third day. This could be what you are feeling.

T2  :smitten:

There's no indication that they will haunt you years later, not that I've read anywhere.

We didnt mean to scare you. You just shouldnt cut 2 pills at the same time. The wd symptoms should subside quickly. Did you taper sensibly? Sorry I probably read it but benzo brain has me today,

Amanda

I tapered quickly because I had been on so short of a time, I dropped every week for the ativan and every 15 days on the temazapan.. I waited until I had a good day before I dropped. I always had a few bad days and then they cleared up.  Now at the end, it is getting tough. It is hard to not get scared and discouraged, I just want my life back.  I think I will drop the last over a period of weeks after I am feeling better.

They say you need to let your body normalize after a drop but I see quite a few on this board who took short term and dropped quickly then slowed down at the end,  hopefully this will help with the final step

Your life will be back to normal. Just a little longer and your symptoms should go. You were only on them for a very short time so there's no reason to think this will string out for a long time. Just hang in there and everything will be ok!

Amanda

The end of a taper is always a little tougher and people tend to go slower so they can feel better.  It is true that some people cut quite a bit sometimes but you don't always read the results of some of them.....some have to reinstate, up dose, have unbearable wd, etc.  

It's safer to stay with your taper but you know your body better than anyone.  If you would like a new taper schedule we can help with that.  Just let us know!

Keep us posted on how all this is going, you will be at the end of this soon.  It may feel like it the end will never get here but it will.. :thumbsup:

Hi Mylosmiles,

Colin had posted this some days ago...............

The comments about you needing to reduce the size of you cuts as your dose diminishes is mostly true, but at low doses this is not the case (you are on a low dose). The same size cut can be carried out until you have quit. Your 4oz beaker, with 0.5oz divisions sounds ideal for you. Simply make up 4oz of liquid with your regular daily dose (7.5mg Temazepam, I believe), but drink just 3.5oz of the liquid. When you are ready to cut again, make up 4oz with 7.5mg Temazepam and drink just 3oz. Keep doing this until you have quit. Maybe you should try making new cuts every 3-4 days, but adjust the frequency of the cuts according to how you react.

Just wait until you are stable from your current cut and do as Colin suggested and if you need to wait longer between cuts, that's what you should do, okay?

Take care, you'll get there!

T2  :smitten:

I guess since I tapered fast at first I am afraid this w/d will never end, but since I was a short term user I am counting on it to soften and finally go away.  It has been 16 days since my last ativan, do you think I am still having a problem with that?  How long would that usually last?

Hi Mylosmiles,

It is hard to say since you just reduced the Temazapem 3 days ago, correct? Were you feeling okay when you cut and how much did you cut?

T2

I reduced it to the second .25 cut, lasted 1.5 days and added back in because I was so sick.  I am still riding the first .25 cut and want to stablise before I cut anything else.  I think that I cut everything at such a pace that I have some w/d to catch up on, I just hope it is short lived. I am at 7.5 mg of temazepam minus the first .25 cut whatever that is.  So, after day 3 from adding back in the second .25, I am still have w/d symtoms and not feeling comfortable about starting to cut again. 

Can define stablize for me?  Does it mean you feel normal with no w/d symtoms? or what?

All we mean by 'stabilise' is that you feel reasonably OK, and ready to to make a new cut. It is unlikely that you will feel 100% fine during your withdrawal, so it is about waiting for the major effects of the previous cut to subside before proceeding with the next cut.

question, I seem to be getting better now day four after the stop in reduction - will not reducing for a few more days help me stablise more?  What I  am concerned about is the final cut, I don't want to crash, so I was thinking to slow down and keep the end w/d to more of a minimum. Is this thinking correct?  The people in the UK say wait 2 weeks between every cut.  But I was able to do it much faster - I just don't want a cumulative effect at the end....

At night I experience most of my withdrawal and I was waiting for that to subside, during the day mostly in a kind of fog (some shakyness)

If I increase my days between drops will it help at the end - I am very close to the end just need your advice.

Your advice is much appreciated

Hi Mylosmiles,

The thing that is on your side is that you were only on these meds for 39 days, so maybe just waiting 7 days will be okay for you. You have to let your body be your guide, but I don't see any reason by slowly getting to the end will be a problem. Slowly meaning waiting until you feel relatively stable before your next cut.

yes, I seem to start getting a little better by the 4th day, so I thought that staying stable for 7 days or so would help me in the end...before I would just drop the moment I felt stable but the night time w/d would be better sometimes and not other times. 

I have always had some withdrawal at night, I would like that to soften more before I drop again.

Hi Mylosmiles,

How many times a day are you dosing the 7.5 Temazapem? (I apologize if you have stated this before, but it is sometimes hard to locate it quickly). Do you split up the dose during the day, so you take some before bedtime?

By the way, glad to hear you are feeling better today. Hang in there, you'll be fine. You are doing great!

I reduced by .25% the 7.5mg temazepam. So I take 5.625mg of Temazepam at 8pm every night.

Perhaps that is why I get the w/d at about 3 -5 am and they last a few hours.

Hi mylosmiles,

You could split your dose, some at bedtime and some for the morning to even things out a little.

T2

I am starting to have moments of feeling fairly normal now (still have the drugged feeling off and on), and last night very little withdrawals.

Dropping after letting some time pass and letting my body normalize, will this help soften the withdrawal from the drops? I really only have two drops left and then off.  Since I am so close to the end, waiting for my body to normalize should help with the drops and the end?

Thanks

I am starting to have moments of feeling fairly normal now (still have the drugged feeling off and on), and last night very little withdrawals.

Dropping after letting some time pass and letting my body normalize, will this help soften the withdrawal from the drops? I really only have two drops left and then off.  Since I am so close to the end, waiting for my body to normalize should help with the drops and the end?

Thanks

It's never a bad idea to let the body stabilize before a cut. It's easier on the CNS. :thumbsup: