Important Survey - Please Participate ×

help need some advice on my taper

[my...]

I take prevacid for acid reflux, I thought this might be causing me problems so I stopped for two days and the nausea started, I have restarted now but it has not helped yet

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [my...]

• [el...]

• [Th...]

• [TP...]

My husband thinks I need a complete blood work up because I am having so much trouble but I think I am just suffering from w/d --- it seems like I should be having more good days but I read that some people do not have hardly any good days and they continue through the taper

True, there are those who don't experience any windows until they are done and healed.

My wife wants me to get a blood work-up too. I've had so many tests over the years with negative results that I just don't want to bother anymore. I'm just making the doctors rich. Why bother?

Are you off of all drugs now?  Do you think that I should do my next cut?  I am pretty sick, I don't go out much, I have the fog brain and shaky with some heart palipatations and now stomach problems

At this point I am very discouraged, I have lost weight and feel awful - I know that someday I will be off of these drugs but since I was a short term user I was hoping to be off sooner - I am very sensative to drugs.. sometimes I wonder if I will live through this awful mess

You will live and you will get through this. I was a short term user of xanax (less than a month) and when I tried a direct taper it absolutely ate my lunch. I crossed over to valium and went down that way; I spent more time tapering than I did on the medication. Ugh. Having c't'ed as well and then reinstating may be causing some distress as well, not that you shouldn't have reinstated-- I don't mean that at all-- but sometimes folks have a harder time when they do reinstate.

But you will make it.

rufus

You are not suggesting that I switch to valium are you?  I am at a very small dose of restoril (temazapam) now - the doseages are actually less than 1mg of vallium.  You went down to a very small dose of vallium - I think Ashton drops at 1mg - is there a reason you dropped so low.

Right now I have two drops left before I am off and I am hoping to make one cut tonight - since I have been staying at the dose I am on for 12 days now and I see some symtoms getting better - there was someone here who said that sometimes when you cut it helps with some of the symptoms.

I was only ct for effectively 1 and 1/2 days but I did cut when I started back up and then I stablised pretty fast at one week and then started to taper from there - I was glad that I was on the restoril it helped me get off of the Ativan but I think I am still having some reprecussions from the Ativan

Yes I am off benzos.

I don't know what to tell you as to whether you should do your next cut or wait. Have you felt relief before when you held off? I'm still unclear as to whether you are stable on the restoril. I guess the question is what total percentage of the total are you cutting? Restoril is half the strength of Valium I believe. And ... anyway, 30 Restoril + .25 Ativan = 17.5 Diazepam. So cutting the last of your Ativan would be like over a 14 percent cut. That's kind of high. (Can someone please double check my math(s)?)

I do know that Ativan is a horrific one to get off, so maybe once you've got past that it may become easier? But I don't know anything about Temazepam.

I don't even know if I have my facts straight as to what you plan to cut. What I've highlighted in red above is what you are currently on?

Tony

No, I am off the ativan now for 3 weeks, down to 7.5 mg of restoril minus .25 (one cut).  I had to stop there and try to stablise.  I have not ever felt great but have had some fair days.  I have had a couple of fair days on this last 12 days, today is ok but my stomach is not happy and that makes it worse.

I think I should try to do a drop tonight, that drop equates to 1.87mg of temazapan which is less than 1mg of vallium.

Colin suggested this drop and said that I am on a very small doseage so these drops should be manageable.  It has just gotten very hard now at the end -

rufus:

How fast did you direct taper your xanax?  Did you get through until the last drop or when did you have your trouble?  I don't think it would be productive to switch to Vallium at this last stage I am at do you?

No, I am off the ativan now for 3 weeks, down to 7.5 mg of restoril minus .25 (one cut).  I had to stop there and try to stablise.  I have not ever felt great but have had some fair days.  I have had a couple of fair days on this last 12 days, today is ok but my stomach is not happy and that makes it worse.

I think I should try to do a drop tonight, that drop equates to 1.87mg of temazapan which is less than 1mg of vallium.

Colin suggested this drop and said that I am on a very small doseage so these drops should be manageable.  It has just gotten very hard now at the end -

I agree with Colin. Go for it. :thumbsup:

Could you please make a signature line that you keep up-to-date so we can keep tabs of your current status?

And there's probably no advantge to a cros-over from Temazepam would be my guess. You're going to make it!

Thanks.

Tony

Hallo mylosmiles,

I was on .75 xanax. I dropped to .625 okay but when I tried to drop to .5 my skin felt like it was being ripped off with someone throwing alcohol on me. It hurt big time. So I went back up to .75, saw my doctor and said I needed off the xanax and could I please switch to valium to get off benzos. Since he'd never seen me OCD or manic before, he agreed and switched me to 15 mg of diazepam (generic valium). I tapered from there, making some pretty big cuts at first and really didn't feel any w/ds until I got to 1.25. I started tapering much slower then, stopped for 21 days at .25 and then dropped by .01 until I got to 0.0005 and hopped off.

Note: I was on the xanax for less than a month when I started to taper.  Also my doc didn't provide any crossover; I went straight to the 15 mg. Fortunately I didn't have any problems doing that.

All this because my thyroid went hyper.

rufus

I never feel very good, some days are better but some are very bad.  I just dropped another .25 of temazapan (I have been dropping from 7.5mg by .25) this is my second drop have one more and then off.  But, I want to know I have had w/d all along this entire taper

I feel sick most of the time, shaky and foggy with some heart palipatitions - is this normal and as I go along the syptoms are getting a little better some times of feeling better.

Is this normal???  I read some many people here seem to drop off with very little w/d problems..

These w/d symptoms do go away don't they???? I was on for 39 days but am struggling now

Please advise

These w/d symptoms do go away don't they???? Please advise

Yes, they do, some people just do better than others for whatever reason. Physiology, chemistry, whatever. But you will get well.

I replied also to your new thread.  ;) 

All of this is indeed normal.

I have been dropping from 7.5mg by .25 - this is my second drop have one more and then off.

I can't make sense of the above. If your started at 7.5 and this is your second drop and one more to go , then you are cutting by 2.5 mg.  If so, I am not surprised you are suffering. That is an awfully fast taper.

I am tapering off of 7.5mg (end of my taper) - dropped it by .25 which is 1.875mg. since Temazepan is 1/2 the strength of vallium it equates to about a .9 mg vallium drop.  Maybe this is too much but Colin told me that this was a very small dose and to tritrate at this point would get me into the .00000 percentages. 

I don't know, what do you think?

Tone, if you go back to the beginning of Mylo's thread, you will see that she has discussed this with Colin and others to an extent. She hasn't been on terribly long, so given her circumstances, this seemed to be the way she wanted to do it.

Yes, it is a bit fast though.

Mylo, Why don't you try the powder piles? Then you can throw in an extra step for a week, if you are feeling too badly.   

Eljay:

Everyone talks about long term protractred w/d - is this something I should need to worry about?  Don't really understand why that happens

Eljay:

Everyone talks about long term protractred w/d - is this something I should need to worry about?  Don't really understand why that happens

Protracted withdrawals are simply a fact of life for some people, but once really can't predict whether it will apply to you or not. Will you try getting your husband to read the Ashton Manual?

I still don't understand how you are tapering, despite what Linda says. Brain fog? I still read it as one more cut left from 7.5 mg. You are currently on 2.5 mg then? It's up to you, but I personally would not go that fast.

All professor Ashton's manuals deal with long term users - I don't think 39 days qualifys - thus my question

Hi,

I answered in your other thread sweety. Not sure if you saw it.