• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [my...]

• [el...]

• [Th...]

• [TP...]

so letting most of the withdrawal from the previous cut finish helps soften the next cut?  Is this correct?

Hi Mylosmiles,

Unfortunately probably not. The main reason to stabilize between cuts is to make sure your symptoms don't pile on top of another and make w/d symptoms worse. Sometimes one cut compared to another is easier or harder, no one can predict. You should be fine as long as you taper slowly and make sensible cuts which you have been doing, okay?

T2  :smitten:

There's also the issue of tolerance. It's such a fine balancing line. If you stick at the same dose too long you can get tolerance withdrawals, so it can be good to extend the time some, but in my experience, never more than a months or so. That's exactly what caused me to fail the first time I tried to taper. I'd wait months between cuts, as some people were recommending, and I went into tolerance withdrawal. And it just became too hard.

need your help please

I was getting better now day 6 had a bad time last night and not too good today,

is it normal to have a few good days and then fall back to a bad day -should I consider making another cut even though I went back into some earlier w/d?

Hi Mylosmiles,

This is common, some w/d s/x don't hit for 7 to 10 days after a cut, it is different for everyone. That is why it is suggested to wait between 7-14 days after a cut. I would wait another day or two before reducing again. Where are you at now with your reductions? Could you add this to your signature line in the "Profile" section. It would be easier for others to see where you are at.

T2 :smitten:

I had w/d for the first 3 days, then two days of getting better now back again to w/d -

I have never held this long before so this is new to me, w/d s/x can ramp back up after going down? 

Can w/d s/x ramp back up after going down? Oh yeah. I'd give it a day or two before cutting again. It's probably just your CNS having a little temper tantrum.

rufus

Hi Mylosmiles,

If you are feeling symptomatic (having w/d), it is best to hold for a day or two before reducing again. This reappearance of s/x is not unusual, one may have been from previous cutting of ativan, it is hard to say.Your sig line is good, but you need to change lorazepam to temazepem.

T2

Theresa

How are your w/d symptoms?  It looks like you are reducing the size of your cuts, how do you make the small cuts?

Hi Mylosmiles,

I have not really had any w/d symptoms this week to speak of since I only reduced .0625 last Friday. Currently I am on .125 (1/4 of .50mg) am, .125 at 3:00 pm and then I was on .25 at night and cut off about 1/4 of .25 (1/2 tablet). When all doses are at .125, my next reduction will have to crush the .125 piece into one pile and split it in 1/2. Experimented already and it was not that hard. I will probably put the powder pile in some milk and drink it. Does this make sense?

T2

I have never really had any w/d free days since I started my taper, some days are very manageable and I feel pretty ok, other are pretty bad.  In general the longer between the taper will cause you to stablize more?  I am a little aprehensive as I was pretty good on day 5 but day 6 is not good again!

Hi Mylosmiles,

I am not sure what you are experiencing. It may be from coming off the ativan quickly, but since you were not on it that long, you should recover in a few weeks. As far as proceeding with tapering the temazepem, I would just wait another day or two to see how you feel. If the anxiety is becoming too uncomfortable, you may want to get some chamomile tea and use 2 tea bags, try Calms Forte by Hylands (an otc natural sleep aid). Research other ways to deal with the anxiety. I hope this helps.

In general, the longer between cuts, the more you stabilize, but again this is not always true either.

I have never really had any w/d free days since I started my taper, some days are very manageable and I feel pretty ok, other are pretty bad.  In general the longer between the taper will cause you to stablize more?  I am a little aprehensive as I was pretty good on day 5 but day 6 is not good again!

Yes up to a point, I never went more than a month though for fear of tolerance.

I will have been off the ativan for 3 weeks on Sunday, I will wait a few more days to drop some of the temazepan.  I would like to normalize some more, as it stands I have two more drops until I am off  Colin recommended the .25 cuts as he said they are very small doses at that. Ativan is a bad one and I am sure that the temazepan helped me get off of that one.  Now I just have do get off the temazepan but the w/d I am feeling is some skin burning, some heart racing usually I get some brain fog during the day. sometimes it evens out, I just want to make my cuts successfully no going back

Do you think it would be a good idea to split my doses in half and take them twice a day. I read symmetry and he went fast like I did and crashed at 2nd to the end like I am.  I really don't want to wait a month to drop again but I don't want to drop while I am still feeling so rough.

I am still suffering after 8 days, some ok days but now my stomach has decided to be nauseaus and ache, has anybody else suffered with stomach problems?  Especially after I eat I have a sinking period -

I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get off this drug?  Should I go ahead and drop my next .25? My withdrawal symptoms come and go - except for my stomach, I think they are getting better

I am still suffering after 8 days, some ok days but now my stomach has decided to be nauseaus and ache, has anybody else suffered with stomach problems?  Especially after I eat I have a sinking period -

Yes I think you'll find a lot of people have had GI issues in withdrawal.

I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get off this drug?  Should I go ahead and drop my next .25? My withdrawal symptoms come and go - except for my stomach, I think they are getting better

You certainly can get off the drug, but I can't make head or tail of your schedule (sig line). Is there any way to simplify it?

I was on 30 mg of restoril and 1mg of ativan for 39 days...

I quit ct for 1 and 1/2 day went back on 15mg of restoril and .75 ativan which I have been tapering off of since 3/12 - now at the end I am having some problems not sure how to handle it should I stay at this dose for a while longer or cut now??