Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Happy to Connect

[Tr...]

Hi everyone,

I took a high dose of Xanax for approximately one month. During that time I also used other substances including alcohol and amphetamines. I went CT after the month period, and was not aware at the time that what I experienced afterwards were terrible withdrawal symptoms. The most distressing symptoms I had were constant restlessness and muscle twitching. My symptoms gradually cleared up over the next year.

Hi Treehugger91 :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies

We are happy to have you here. It’s wonderful to hear that your symptoms gradually went away after a year.  Do you have any lingering symptoms?  We look forward to reading your Success Stories in the near future.  Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards.

I am leaving a link to the Ashton Manual there is a wealth of information there about benzo withdrawal:

Ashton Manual 

Here is a link to the post withdrawal/recovery support:

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

To allow others to see where you are in the process  so they can better support you, we ask that you create a signature.    To do this, go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita