How to access a benzo wise doctor in the UK?

[da...]

Well you are in charge so I guess as many or little sessions as you need.  He's really kind and well qualified, not that that means much necessarily.

You can find his email and practice phone online. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [di...]

• [Li...]

• [Re...]

• [Si...]

Doesn't the UK have this Battle Against Tranquilizers organisation that can also help you taper or recommend you a doctor?

Hi coco. I spoke to a personal friend of mine a few hours ago who was the chair of TRANX I asked if he knew of any benzo wise doctors and he said he unfortunately didn't.  I'm just going to go with Bob7's taper plan and hope for the best as worrying about getting more pills etc is just fuelling my anxiety even more. 😕

I was really comfortable that Bob7 was put on to me by pamster, and trusted that he would do his best for me being the dry cut taper guy, but  since seeing everyone saying Bob's taper plan is wrong (too fast) and urging me to get more pills it's really making my anxiety and panic escalate. 😕

[da...]

I was really comfortable that Bob7 was put on to me by pamster, and trusted that he would do his best for me being the dry cut taper guy, but  since seeing everyone saying Bob's taper plan is wrong (too fast) and urging me to get more pills it's really making my anxiety and panic escalate. 😕

I don’t think Bob7’s taper is wrong at all, it depends on the individual. Some have to go slower, and some can go faster, and then there are those like yourself who are unfortunately forced to do a taper that may actually be too fast for them, depending on how they tolerate the reductions.

Hi WS thank you for replying. I spoke with a personal friend of mine today Barry Haslam who was chair of TRANX here in England. I asked if he knew of any benzo wise doctors and he said '' I unfortunately don't Diana''  I would have thought if there were any Barry would know, so I hit a brick wall again. I think I'm just getting really scared with people saying I need more pills as it's making me feel like I'm doomed if I don't get any.  😔😕 I wish I could get some, but I can't 😕 a member of the forum directed me to a website to buy them but there's no way that I'd trust that they were genuine 😕

WS please? What would someone do who just couldn't stabilize?  I'm asking because I've never been stable from being prescribed them as there wasn't enough pills to actually take a large enough dose so even though I took up to 4.75mg per day, I were still experiencing very severe anxiety and panic. 😕

[da...]

WS please? What would someone do who just couldn't stabilize?  I'm asking because I've never been stable from being prescribed them as there wasn't enough pills to actually take a large enough dose so even though I took up to 4.75mg per day, I were still experiencing very severe anxiety and panic. 😕

I imagine I would want to know what my baseline symptoms were, not stabilisation, but what my lowest level of symptom severity is. I would then taper following that baseline, making each reduction once I’ve returned to that baseline level. It’s no different than a normal taper where you wait to stabilise, as even with tolerance and an inability to stabilise, there will still be a baseline level of symptoms you return to after each reduction, even if they are still quite intense. But I’m also not having that experience, so it’s impossible to give sage advice. There’s a chance I might want to go a bit faster, but I would still want to give my brain enough time to adjust on the way down to ease the acute period after the jump.

[

I imagine I would want to know what my baseline symptoms were, not stabilisation, but what my lowest level of symptom severity is. I would then taper following that baseline, making each reduction once I’ve returned to that baseline level. It’s no different than a normal taper where you wait to stabilise, as even with tolerance and an inability to stabilise, there will still be a baseline level of symptoms you return to after each reduction, even if they are still quite intense. But I’m also not having that experience, so it’s impossible to give sage advice. There’s a chance I might want to go a bit faster, but I would still want to give my brain enough time to adjust on the way down to ease the acute period after the jump.

Hi WS I didn't realise you'd replied to my post. Thank you!!!

Could you please tell me roughly how long it should take to reach my baseline?  I'm not noticing any new symptoms they are still the same with the same intensity. Would this be classed as my baseline?  And if I were to taper this last 1.75mg faster what would you suggest please?? My daughter said that because of my rapid taper 4 or 5 weeks ago that this might be the worst it will get. Is there a possibility of that?

Thank you so much WS

Diana

[da...]

Hi Dianna

Are you functional… capable of taking care of your daily tasks?

When I tapered too fast, I had to hold for 14 weeks before I knew I was ready to resume tapering, but I noticed slight improvements in symptoms at about the 5 week point. But I know you are in a predicament when it comes to refilling your prescription, so clearly you don’t have the option to hold too long, or the limited dwindling supply will only force you to taper even faster than you intended.

Do you still have enough tablets to follow the plan Bob7 provided?

Hi WS

No I'm not functional due to this rocking bobbing swaying sensation, and because I can't move around my legs are like jelly. Yes I still have enough to follow Bob's taper plan. I'm in quite a predicament!!

Thanks so much!!!

[da...]

Hi Diana

If I were in your position, I’d do the math (or have someone else do it) to see how much longer you can hold before you would start eating into the reserves needed to follow bob’s taper. If you can hold for longer, without eating into those reserves, I would do that for now. It has only been 11 days since you reduced, and you didn’t have time to stabilise prior to that reduction.

WS, with the pills I had at the time Bob did my plan, plus 28x2mg that I'll be getting on the 24th, which is in 4 days time, he said at the end of the taper I'd only have 2 pills left. It seems Bob stretched the hold rate as long as he could (13 days) given the limited amount of pills I have. 😕

[da...]

WS, with the pills I had at the time Bob did my plan, plus 28x2mg that I'll be getting on the 24th, which is in 4 days time, he said at the end of the taper I'd only have 2 pills left. It seems Bob stretched the hold rate as long as he could (13 days) given the limited amount of pills I have. 😕

Hey Diana

Okay, so I would follow that plan… take the 13 day hold each time, and then reduce. Having 13 days to adjust to your reductions is better than 11. It doesn’t seem you have any choice but to follow the plan Bob7 kindly set up for you based on the pills you had available to you. I think that’s definitely your best option right now, unless something changes and you gain access to further prescriptions.  :hug:

Thank you for replying WS You've been a great help. Thank you. I definitely won't be able to get anymore pills. The thing is, it's a friend of a family member that's been giving me his diazepam that he gets from his doctor for other reasons but he doesn't use them. He could refuse to give me them at any point so I'm not guaranteed that he'll keep giving me them. So as you said, the only thing I can do is stick to Bob's plan. I just hope things don't get much worse 🤔😕

[da...]

Thank you for replying WS You've been a great help. Thank you. I definitely won't be able to get anymore pills. The thing is, it's a friend of a family member that's been giving me his diazepam that he gets from his doctor for other reasons but he doesn't use them. He could refuse to give me them at any point so I'm not guaranteed that he'll keep giving me them. So as you said, the only thing I can do is stick to Bob's plan. I just hope things don't get much worse 🤔😕

Have you discussed everything openly with your friend to show them how you’re trying to come off the medication with the least amount of suffering. Can you share what we’re discussing here so they can see the end goal, which may buy more time and trust with them?

I haven't WS. He's actually not my personal friend I never see or directly speak to him. I send messages of thanks via my family member. Maybe when my family member collects the diazepam from him (she drives him to the pharmacy to collect them) I could ask her to ask him if he could please supply me with just one more lot after this one 😕 he wasn't too happy giving me the last lot so I'm not sure if he would agree... .

It really gets to me because this guy gets repeat prescriptions for diazepam every month for his '' legs'' he's on disability, but yet he works' 'on the side' ' climbing ladders . Then there's me, who desperately needs them for my taper and they won't even give me any.. It's shocking 😕

[da...]

I haven't WS. He's actually not my personal friend I never see or directly speak to him. I send messages of thanks via my family member. Maybe when my family member collects the diazepam from him (she drives him to the pharmacy to collect them) I could ask her to ask him if he could please supply me with just one more lot after this one 😕 he wasn't too happy giving me the last lot so I'm not sure if he would agree... .

It really gets to me because this guy gets repeat prescriptions for diazepam every month for his '' legs'' he's on disability, but yet he works' 'on the side' ' climbing ladders . Then there's me, who desperately needs them for my taper and they won't even give me any.. It's shocking 😕

Could you possibly write down a slower taper plan so he can see that it’s leading you to benzo freedom in a sensible and safe manner, and send it along with your family member to give to him so he can see that he is truly helping you and that there is indeed an end date.