Important Survey - Please Participate ×

WILL I HEAL WHILST ON OTHER MEDS

[Gr...]

Hi there

I am 11 months off benzos and was put on a number of other meds during my withdrawal due to terrible withdrawal symptoms.

I was put on:

- gabapentin

- venlor

- inderal

- dopaquil

- remeron

Ive heard that it is a bad idea to taper off any other drugs until I am through my benzo wds. Is this correct and will I heal from benzos whilst on these meds or am i going to remain sick forever?  I am so worried these other meds are making me sicker. I just want to be healed and get back to living life. This recovery is so hard.

Any advice and reassurance will help. Can I hear from others who got off benzos whilst on other meds like me who recovered.

Thank you.

I don't believe being free from other medications is a requirement for benzodiazepine recovery, I've read plenty of success stories from members still on other medications.  Are you still on the dosages you state in your signature, I see you're no longer on Seroquel or Mirtazapine?

I don't believe being free from other medications is a requirement for benzodiazepine recovery, I've read plenty of success stories from members still on other medications.  Are you still on the dosages you state in your signature, I see you're no longer on Seroquel or Mirtazapine?

I agree. I healed just fine (although slowly) while on other psych meds.

I am still on all the meds in my signature , I just used generic names for remeron and seroquel

Oops, my bad.  :-[  Regardless though, I believe you can recover.

Thanks so much for the reassurance Pamster. I always worry that the other meds are making me stuck but it’s great to know others have recovered whilst on them. I am 11 months off now so hoping it won’t be much longer but who knows with this thing.