Important Survey - Please Participate ×

quetiapine for anxiety

[Si...]

I tried 1 25mg pill during the day a couple months ago, and while I could feel it putting me to sleep I resisted as I felt it increased my anxiety.

Does it need to be taken for several days until anti-anxiety effects kick in?

Would 12.5mg be a better dose for anxiety?

I tried 1 25mg pill during the day a couple months ago, and while I could feel it putting me to sleep I resisted as I felt it increased my anxiety.

Does it need to be taken for several days until anti-anxiety effects kick in?

Would 12.5mg be a better dose for anxiety?

I would not and anything else into the mix. I've tried quetiapine and it made my feet and ankles swell so I had to come off.

IMO you have other, safer options. Antipsychotics can be extremely dangerous with a pretty bad side effect profile.

Maybe Hydroxyzine, a beta blocker? Magnesium or even Gabetentin that has be proven to help repair due to benzo w/d….

Thanks for your reply.  At the moment I only found one psych who understands I'm suffering from valium; others say I just suddenly got panic disorder at age 45.  Doesn't make sense if panic attacks last 72 hours. 

I am interested in gabapentin though.

What kind of magnesium is best?

Hydroxyzine and beta blockers don't really work any more or there is rebound after taking.  I tried theanine which was wonderful the 1st time but not sure about the other times.  Plus thianine plays with gaba/glutamate...I was worried about mag binding to receptors too...

what do you think?

Some swear by Magnesium, others think it’s the devil. Yesterday I took a micro dose of Gabapentin-big mistake, but others swear by it.

Today I took 1/2 Hydroxyzine as it worked a few months ago.

I’m going into MONTH 6, spring is around the corner, I haven’t had my hair cut. At this point I’m just going to keep trying anything until I find something. I think it’s just trial and error. LUCK 🙏