Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anyone taken an anticonvulsant and still healed?

[Re...]

Almost five months off the Ativan and was given Seroquel for sleep at the hospital in month one. Wish I had never taken it because it has caused MAJOR issues. I was making much progress from benzo withdrawal also.

I had tapered over 90mg without incident from Sept 2022 to now. Then I tapered from 34.5 mg to 34mg and boom an EXPLOSION of horrific sxs I didn’t have previously from the benzos: convulsions, tremors, inner vibration on whole body, burning skin, feeling electricity all over like I was plugged into a wall, akathisia. I never knew a person could suffer or have pain like this. It was unbearable.

Docs think maybe the Seroquel was masking the benzo symptoms. They do not know. But I already had benzo symptoms and a long list that did not include this madness but things like tinnitus and excruciating jaw pain. Has anyone heard of this?

Anyway, I had to take an anticonvulsant because I was quaking and the pain from the electricity was not feasible. It was an emergency situation to get some relief. So doc started me on Tegretol and it gave me blurry vision and paresthesia in my hands and feet. My luck. Now we have to try Depakote. They are not sure how long I will have to take these things. I wanted off all meds I am so depressed about this and afraid. Reaching out for support.

Not sure how this will all turn out. Maybe I will have an incredible success story. Maybe a miracle will happen for me. I want to be healthy and well and off of all these meds.

God bless you all and much love to everyone who is out there suffering. We should not be going through this and when I am pulled out of the fire I am going to do my best to extinguish it in whatever ways that I can so nobody is exposed to this insanity.

Rebecca,

I think that depakote will not hinder or prevent you from healing, no need for insanely high doses like doctors usually prescribe, I guess 125 ou 250 mg is enough, starting with the lower dose to see how your body react to the drug, take in count it may take like 10 days to have a possible effect, giving how bad recovering from benzos can be I don't know if the effects will be much noticiable, anyway if you decide to go that route which is understandable you shouldn't think about tapering the drug until your symptoms in general get better,  in my point of view this drug it's the less concerning one from the family of anti-convilsants, it anti-inflammatory and neuroproctive and this could even protect your brain from this exitatory storm going on, hope this helps