Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Everyone think psyhiatrists are all bad ??

[Me...]

Since you liked those Holly you may want to check out www.CCHR.org - they have many videos like these and a really good documentary called "The Marketing of the Madness" which you can order free of charge.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Pe...]

• [Me...]

• [am...]

• [...]

I am so glad there are medical doctors who see the harm on putting kids on "legal speed" they call medicine for a disorder they call ADD when a child is being a child.

Children have died of enlarged hearts etc. from this medication never mind other medications and their horrendous side effects that harm the growing brain of a child.

It's breaks my heart some don't research it and drug their kids. Especially if they have been through this and can educate themselves. Breaks my heart.

Maybe one day it will be criminal to drug children. One can only hope.

[41...]

Boy, that is a pretty wide open question.

Aren't you in fact asking if everyone believes in psychiatry?

If you believe in chemical imbalances etc, then you will probably believe there can be good and bad psychiatrists.

For those of us that sit with "medical doctors" that find no truth, merit or science behind chemical imbalances and disorders, all psychiatrists are indeed bad.

In order to believe in good or bad psychiatrists, you have to believe in the industry.

I believe there are good and bad "medical doctors".

And many "medical doctors", don't even see psychiatrists as doctors. I sit with them.

If you believe in chemical imbalances etc, then you will probably believe there can be good and bad psychiatrists.

I have a mental disorder, and have found a few good psychiatrists, who tried to use different methods besides medication.

For me it did not work. Well, only to an extent.

I agree though, that psychiatry these days is not therapeutic, it's a business.

Within the past ten years, I have been slung from one psychiatrist to another, and none of them have any sense when it comes to Benzo withdrawal.

And many "medical doctors", don't even see psychiatrists as doctors. I sit with them.

Me too.

I stopped seeing my psychiatrist after what happened in February.

Don't ask  :o

But, I started seeing my medical doctor, and now he gives me my medication, which I'm going to try to taper the Risperdal after the withdrawal from Valium goes.

Oh, my doctor really doesn't believe in psychiatry, BUT he knows I cannot just throw down these medicines.

I see a therapist btw, but she charges an arm and a leg.

My insurance does not cover her visits.

S#

I have a neighbor who put her wonderful, inquisitive, six year old little boy on ritalin.

He used to visit me and talk about all kinds of things. He would help me in my flower garden, wanted to know the names of the flowers and how to care for them.

When I see him now, it seems as if the glow has gone from his eyes, and his questioning ways have diminished so much.

Maybe some kids need Ritalin, I don't know, but in his case it seems like Ritalin and the television set have become his parents.

That is so sad and disturbing pj.  I also worry about foster kids.  Before they are put into foster homes most states (if not all?) require them to see a psychiatrist.  These kids are understandably depressed and acting out.  Many are given brain altering chemicals.  Their brains are still forming at such young ages, it is truly frightening.

It's universal, all that kids want are to be loved, given guidence, a sense of stability in their life, and someone who will listen to them.

They don't want a parent who is (their best friend) They have friends in school and other places.

Well neither of my kids have lost their zest for life and are very outgoing....  They are not zombies....  They both tell me they cant stay focused w/o the med..  and that it does help them...  My son was failing and is now passing..  Its tough...  My bf home schooled her son for 2 years trying to avoid meds... she  finally gave in....and she was like OMG I cant believe how much better he is understanding the work and passing...and now she is sending him back to public school where he wants to go....  We both held out for years on the meds...  My son did summer school and that was the last of it... he even told me he didnt and couldnt keep on task...  I swear my husband is the same way...  he is so ADD...  and thn my brother in law...  he is now on it at 40 yr old and says it majorly improved his life and he is not so frustrated... he plays guitar and sings and plays golf and is funny as  crap...and he drinks beer...  so who knows ?? I dont want to be a fear monger.....  I just think every one must have different reactions to meds...even aspirin......    Shrinks.... who knows ??  I wish they just had a simple blood test...  ;)   

I have a neighbor who put her wonderful, inquisitive, six year old little boy on ritalin.

He used to visit me and talk about all kinds of things. He would help me in my flower garden, wanted to know the names of the flowers and how to care for them.

When I see him now, it seems as if the glow has gone from his eyes, and his questioning ways have diminished so much.

Maybe some kids need Ritalin, I don't know, but in his case it seems like Ritalin and the television set have become his parents.

That is so tragic  :(  The poor little lamb.

Well neither of my kids have lost their zest for life and are very outgoing....  They are not zombies....   They both tell me they cant stay focused w/o the med..  and that it does help them...   My son was failing and is now passing..   Its tough...  My bf home schooled her son for 2 years trying to avoid meds... she  finally gave in....and she was like OMG I cant believe how much better he is understanding the work and passing...and now she is sending him back to public school where he wants to go....   We both held out for years on the meds...  My son did summer school and that was the last of it... he even told me he didnt and couldnt keep on task...  I swear my husband is the same way...  he is so ADD...   and thn my brother in law...  he is now on it at 40 yr old and says it majorly improved his life and he is not so frustrated... he plays guitar and sings and plays golf and is funny as  crap...and he drinks beer...  so who knows ?? I dont want to be a fear monger.....  I just think every one must have different reactions to meds...even aspirin......    Shrinks.... who knows ??  I wish they just had a simple blood test...   ;)    

If a person so strongly believes in ADD and psychiatry they have then found a valid reason to justify drugging a child and everything else. It's just so tragic.

"No simple blood tests" as acknowledged above or anything else that involves proof and the scientific method.

Because of this experience all I did was countless research regarding certain avenues of industry that is called medicine. My hat is off to medical doctors who take the "time" to find the emotional root of the cause that makes life more challenging for some and addresses that through understanding and validation and not drugs and labels. I have an enormity of respect for these doctors.

However, on these types of boards, this is a VERY serious topic and there will always be extremely strong differences of opinions.

[41...]

I'm not sure if I believe in ADD/ADHD.

BTW, I was prescribed Ritalin for a misdiagnoses of Narcolepsy. I got addicted to it. It made me hyped up and euphoric. I didn't have Narcolepsy Surprise! Surprise! It was me falling asleep because of the sedation on the combo of meds I was already on.

Actually, I was prescribed Methylphenidate, same thing as Ritalin. Sched II Controlled Substance, hard to believe they give a Sched II To a child, isn't it?

S#

I'm not sure if I believe in ADD/ADHD.

BTW, I was prescribed Ritalin for a misdiagnoses of Narcolepsy. I got addicted to it. It made me hyped up and euphoric. I didn't have Narcolepsy Surprise! Surprise! It was me falling asleep because of the sedation on the combo of meds I was already on.

Actually, I was prescribed Methylphenidate, same thing as Ritalin. Sched II Controlled Substance, hard to believe they give a Sched II To a child, isn't it?

S#

Gosh, terrible they gave that to you. Yes, that's what I mean so many people don't understand what this drug is. It's so hard to believe they would give that to a child from my perspective from what I've learned.

I mean they're selling it in schools. Crushing it and snorting it.

[41...]

Not to mention Ritalin, Concerta so on.. is in the same Sched as Coke, Speed, and other uppers.

I mean they're selling it in schools. Crushing it and snorting it.

I know and it's sad, but guess who the dealer actually is?

I mean if you want to trace it.

That's right! The Pdoc.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that in any situation especially withdrawal from this drug if you have not had direct experience with it then theres no way that you could help. I was seeing my psychiatrist for years before I even began taking Klonopin and he was fantastic with all of the issues that I had dealt with. He was not the prescribing doctor for the Klonopin but swore up and down that my symptoms were not related to the Klonpin or the withdrawal and absolutely disagrees that the symptoms Im experiencing now at 3 months out are related. I even printed off the Ashton Manual and took it to him so that he could review the information and his direct words were oh I know of the Ashton Manual I use it alot for creating my taper plans...lol... Ironic

No, I don't. I think most are disillusioned, and I am being very mild with my wording :sneaky:.

Most of these people really do believe the BS they are force fed in school. I think the wish to help people.

They have incited a pharmaceutical holocaust however, and this is very tragic and has destroyed many good people. I just hope the lies of psychiatry will eventually crumble, and we will reevaluate how to treat mental illness. (Not holding my breath)

My first psychiatrist was a very nice, good looking man that everyone liked with a sense of humor and dressed nice. He offered me buspar years ago for anxiety. I took it and it was ok. I took it a short time and quit. During my 20's when I was pregnant a lot I had no anxiety at all. Later in my early 30's I was in Seattle, WA for two years. Anxiety and depression returned. I was so lucky to find another nice, kind and cool psychiatrist. He gave me Elavil 10mg with 0.5mg Ativan prn. I moved back to hometown and went back to my first psychiatrist (the good looking kind one that dressed nice). After a while Elavil quit working and he told me to up my dose of Ativan to 1mg-2mg prn. Then he told me it was ok to use everyday. This psychiatrist moved away and after that I ended up with 3 different ones that I did not like. The last one put me in detox! I now go to a medical doctor and she is very kind and wants to help me and is open to suggestions for tapering and willing to let me take my time. 

I think it should be mandatory for every doctor who prescribes benzodiazapines to have to take a class for at least 6 - 8 weeks and learn everything there is to know about these drugs. I feel they should even have ex users as guest speakers to talk about their experience with withdrawal. Then I feel they should all be required to use the Ashton manual and help any patient going through withdrawal in a way that is comfortable to the patient. After all, we are the ones going through this. I think once something like this happens, fewer doctors will prescribe these drugs and look for alternatives instead.