• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [Pa...]

• [cu...]

• [te...]

The doctor said he has never seen a person react like this who was only on 2 mg klonopin. He thinks I was taking more klonopin than I have been. I reached tolerance at 2 mg Klonopin  and took 2.5 mg for 3 days to make the trip to see him. He is concerned about my weight loss and weakness and now says I should go up to 3 or 3.5 mg klonopin to feel better. I do not want to do this as I have never taken 3.5 mg. I have been at stage 3 on schedule 6 for 7 days and wonder if I should back out and go back up to 2.5 mg klonopin, stabilize, and start over with a lower klonopin substitution when I cut back?  Eating and drinking is a real problem and I am very weak to a point I cannot function.

Doctor said to go up to 3 or 3.5 mg klonopin, but I am not sure if I should stop taking the Valium?

Has anyone been prescribed Phenergan/Promethazine for nausea? I have some but not sure if I should take it.

I have had phenergan before. I always go to drug interactions on the web and type in the meds to see if there is a problem with them being taken together. I cannot tolerate phenergan anymore but I was given a prescription for zofran(ondansetron) for nausea. Teacher2

The doctor said he has never seen a person react like this who was only on 2 mg klonopin. He thinks I was taking more klonopin than I have been. I reached tolerance at 2 mg Klonopin  and took 2.5 mg for 3 days to make the trip to see him. He is concerned about my weight loss and weakness and now says I should go up to 3 or 3.5 mg klonopin to feel better. I do not want to do this as I have never taken 3.5 mg. I have been at stage 3 on schedule 6 for 7 days and wonder if I should back out and go back up to 2.5 mg klonopin, stabilize, and start over with a lower klonopin substitution when I cut back?  Eating and drinking is a real problem and I am very weak to a point I cannot function.

Doctor said to go up to 3 or 3.5 mg klonopin, but I am not sure if I should stop taking the Valium?

Has anyone been prescribed Phenergan/Promethazine for nausea? I have some but not sure if I should take it.

First of all, 2 mgs of Klonopin is not a small dose, it's equal to 40 mgs of Valium, and it's a powerful brain altering drug!  I really can't go against what your Dr is telling you to do, but I hope you'll sit down with your husband and go over the chain of events of the last few weeks to find the culprit for your condition.  To jump from 2 mgs to 3 or 3.5 in a matter of a few days sounds way off base to me, and I get the feeling you see it this way too.

Sit down, write down on paper when things started to change for the worse, try to figure this out so you can find a way out of this.  Did you feel worse after you started the Valium?  Some people have tried to switch to Valium and it hasn't worked for them and they have to go back to their original drug, this might be the case for you.

Please eat something, even if it's just a can of Ensure, you have to gain back your strength.

Given that Professor Ashton crossed her patients every week or two leads me to believe that it takes that long to build up in your system.  I'm sure it's different for everyone due to metabolism.  Have you noticed the sedation at all, most people complain of this when first starting out.

[20...]

Shiloh,

With me, 2 weeks - month, but everyone has different biochemistry.

Has it not built up, yet?

S#

I am starting to feel the sedation, but need the sleep. It is the withdrawal and the nausea when eating that I am having the hard time with.

Eating really makes my symptoms worse. Fast heartbeat, rapid breathing and nausea. I will ask Dr. for Zofran tomorrow. I am living on Ensure!

That is what I have used. According to drug interactions on drugs.com there are no interactions with zofran (ondansetron-generic) & zoloft & klonopin. It can give you a headache--but to me, nausea is worse than a headache. Sure hope it helps you. Nausea is awful!