Slow and steady won the race

[he...]

Congrats @[he...] I was reading some of your blog earlier. I have some screen sensitivity at the moment but I will finish it soon.

One of the most impressive things was how functional you were during your taper. Do you attribute this solely to your slow rate?

Also you seem very accepting of the entire situation in the way you write. Is there any thing or things that helped bring about that attitude?

On 26/11/2023 at 17:32, [[W...] said:

Congrats @[he...] I was reading some of your blog earlier. I have some screen sensitivity at the moment but I will finish it soon.

One of the most impressive things was how functional you were during your taper. Do you attribute this solely to your slow rate?

Also you seem very accepting of the entire situation in the way you write. Is there any thing or things that helped bring about that attitude?

I did try to stay as positive as I could throughout the entire ordeal. There are definitely sections of my blog where I was very far from positive, though. I think the tough unfortunate truth that we all know is that when it gets really really bad, there really is nothing that can help all that much. Having said that, I do believe in the power of the mind, though. I think the fact that I held on strongly to my belief that I would get better, and that everything was just temporary, probably helped maybe more than I even realize. I would often meditate at night and tell myself over and over that I was healing, healthy, and free of pain. I really do think these types of affirmations can rewire the brain, and help yourself believe that you are getting better.

Also all the things I mention in my story... walking, exercise, keeping your mind busy and distracted (music for me.. but could be knitting, drawing, or any number of things), good healthy diet, warm baths (no pun intended on your username :classic_wink:), etc all seemed to help... even if only a tiny bit. Again, I know as well as pretty much anybody that sometimes it is just so bad that nothing really does seem to help. But, I really do think that keeping up with these healthy habits absolutely does help in the long-run, even if it doesn't feel like it in the moment. 

And as far as being functional goes... during my first taper, it was very very hard to be functional. I think the only reason I was able to hold down a job during that time was because of Covid and I could work from home. As long as I showed up to my zoom meetings, and got a little bit of work done during the week, nobody knew how much I was slacking. (thank goodness for that pandemic tbh). Everything else was extremely difficult to manage, but I did it because I had no other choice.

During my 2nd taper, I had a much much easier time. I had very minimal and manageable symptoms and that's when I started to enjoy life again. And yes, I attribute this to micro tapering with liquid, and doing it very very slowly. 

Hang in there WarmBath.. you got this! 

Edited by [he...]
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the words of encouragement @[he...]. My bad for not replying sooner, been a long month. Hope you and Lily are having a good holiday season. 

I actually did start to nit, learn a language, and have been on a lego bender re-channeling my inner childhood. Exercise waxes and wanes depending on how I feel.

You did mention you used cbd oil in your blog. Is there any one in particular you would recommend? Not something I’m super familiar with but I’m looking for something to help with the anxiety and sleep issues that isn’t another pill

Happy New Year!

Edited by [Wa...]

On 31/12/2023 at 08:12, [[W...] said:

Thanks for the words of encouragement @[he...]. My bad for not replying sooner, been a long month. Hope you and Lily are having a good holiday season. 

I actually did start to nit, learn a language, and have been on a lego bender re-channeling my inner childhood. Exercise waxes and wanes depending on how I feel.

You did mention you used cbd oil in your blog. Is there any one in particular you would recommend? Not something I’m super familiar with but I’m looking for something to help with the anxiety and sleep issues that isn’t another pill

Happy New Year!

That's great you've been doing all those things to distract your brain! I'm sure all of that is helping rebuild all that gaba as we speak! :thumbsup:

The CBD I liked the best was CV Sciences brand PlusCBD oil spray (extra strength). I also had some Ryte brand CBD drops, and that seemed to work pretty well, too. But tbh, I can't say for sure if me starting to feel better shortly after starting CBD wasn't just a coincidence. 

And thanks! We had a great holiday season! I hope yours was good as well! :D

• Like 1

20 hours ago, [[h...] said:

That's great you've been doing all those things to distract your brain! I'm sure all of that is helping rebuild all that gaba as we speak! :thumbsup:

The CBD I liked the best was CV Sciences brand PlusCBD oil spray (extra strength). I also had some Ryte brand CBD drops, and that seemed to work pretty well, too. But tbh, I can't say for sure if me starting to feel better shortly after starting CBD wasn't just a coincidence. 

And thanks! We had a great holiday season! I hope yours was good as well! :D

Yeah it was nice having some time off from work to just relax. And that sounds good I will give them a try. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1