Valium sub

[ti...]

I am trying to do that.I just constantly worry.Before I had the plan to cross over set I would worry so much I'd change my plan from day to day, which was getting me nowhere at all.

I will let you know whats up tomorrow.I'm adding the valium into my morning dose.Thank you so

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ti...]

• [Co...]

• [el...]

• [pa...]

My fear is that I have been having about 2 good days, then a bad one, then 2 good ones and so on the pst week since my first cross.I'm wondering if it would be smarter to hold where I am awhile longer.It has been 8 days since my last sub.If things get too rough I guess I will go back and hold awhile longer.Thanks.Any advice?You guys told me to hold my last sub until things calmed down, which they had for the most part, but day before yesterday was pretty bad.Maybe I should not rush things?

Refer to previous post.............I guess it has only been 6 days since my sub.Before that it took me a month to stabilize on .25kx2 a day after going off too quickly.I think I should maybe go back to my original dosing for a few more days?I just don't want to rush it and end up taking so long to stabilize again.

I know it takes the valium longer to take the ks place.Anyone have advice as to holdong my first cross for a few more days or continuing over?

tiffj,

I know indecision is really tough, and it's actually a wd symptom! If you have been following a reasonable crossover, I would stick where you are at now, and go ahead and hold a bit longer if you would feel more comfortable doing that. Though You might not feel perfect before your next sub, you want to feel reasonably stable. Just try and relax, ok? ;)

Ok.Thank you.I think I will stay at my original a few days more.It's just been so long since I had any good days, now that I am I don't want to rush and ruin it.I know you tell me not to worry, I tell me not to worry, but it's so hard when this is running and has ruined so much of my life.I'm so afraid I'll get switched over and it won't work and then I will take so long to stabilize again on k.I'm starting to wish I had just titrated directly.I'm at where I'm at though. :-\

I've noticed at night I am more calm, but feel a lot more down since starting valium cross.Now today taking the valium in the morning, I feel very tired, down, and flat.Is this normal when first instating it?I really don't like this feeling.I don't have much to be down about, my  partner and I had a great talk last night and things are in perspective and good.I should be feeling happy.I can't shake this uncomfortable,unhappy feeling.I really think it's the valium, but then again I've had many a depressing day in withdrawal too.

Re last post.

Colin, is this normal in the beginning of valium use?I'm going to go back to my original dosing tomorrow and see if that helps.Is there a way I can titrate where I am now if valium is doing this?.25 k am .125k pm+2.5 valium?

I've noticed at night I am more calm, but feel a lot more down since starting valium cross.Now today taking the valium in the morning, I feel very tired, down, and flat.Is this normal when first instating it?I really don't like this feeling.I don't have much to be down about, my  partner and I had a great talk last night and things are in perspective and good.I should be feeling happy.I can't shake this uncomfortable,unhappy feeling.I really think it's the valium, but then again I've had many a depressing day in withdrawal too.

Well, this is a common benzo side effect, but does seem to me that valium has a bit more of a tendancy to do this. I think it should settle down. There are people here who are tapering from valium, and most are doing just fine. Maybe one of them can better address your questions. Tpirog, Jarocho, to name 2. And Jarocho did a valium substitution, I believe. You can go to their blogs under "member blogs" and ask them. They'll be happy to help you!  

Re last post.

Colin, is this normal in the beginning of valium use?I'm going to go back to my original dosing tomorrow and see if that helps.Is there a way I can titrate where I am now if valium is doing this?.25 k am .125k pm+2.5 valium?

Tiffj,

yes, you can titrate directly off klonopin. If you are this apprehensive about doing the substition, it really might be best if you just titrate from klonopin. The apprehension alone can interfere with your progress. You need to feel good and comfortable about your method.

Colin would be happy to make a schedule and instructions for you.

I"m glad things are going better in your relationship!!

I think if I can stabalize on the klonopin and do titration that may be better, although I never felt like I was starting to stabilize again until I had been doing the crossover at nite for two days, so I don't know if the valium helped stabilize? I just really don't like the way the valium is making me feel.I don't know if I should give it more time, but I know that taking it at night for 6-7 days has had this effect the entire time.I would rather feel anxious than flat and down.I don't want to talk, do anything.Can't watch tv or read.Not fun.

Colin, if you could help me out here...............is this common when first crossing to valium.If you do not feel these feelings will subside I would like to know your recomendation for reinstating Klonopin to stabilize and then titrate.Or.............is it possible to titrate the klonopoison and leave the valium as a night dose til I'm off?I'm so confused

Hi Tiff,

Benzo withdrawal is very much an individual experience. A small number of people struggle with the substitution process, and certainly our members do not benefit from having their substitution tapers micro-managed by Prof. Ashton. Still, most do mange and feel better for substituting, but it is an individual thing. There is some evidence from Prof. Ashton that switching from Klonopin to Valium is more of a problem for more people (I believe the numbers to be still quite low though), so maybe you are one of the unlucky ones. However, titration also works well, and since your are feeling so anxious about the prosepct of switching to Valium, maybe you should just forget about it and taper off directly from Klonopin, and use titration down the line if the need arises. Titration is perfectly valid and practical way off benzos.

Ok.I am very worried about this switching to valium.

How do I go about going back to stabilizing on Klonopin?I did not start feeling ok until 2 days into my cross over, so I don't know if valium has helped that.Doubtful after just 2 days, but who knows.Can I leave my night dose of valium and go back to my regular klonopin than titrate klonopin first and leave the valium for last?

If you think I should stick it out a few more days, that's understandable.I just can't deal with feeling nothing but this uncomfortable down feeling.The passed few days I've laughed,cried,etc.Today nothing.I want to do nothing.Can't even watch tv or have a phone convo.

I am completely and totally freaking out :wacko:

I don't know what to do.

If valium is going to make me feel like this I do not want to use it.

I am concerned that I did not begin to stabilize until I was 2 days into my crossover, so part of me wonders if the valium had something to do with it, but before that I was on .25 k x2 day.

I am going back to .25 k am and .125k+2.5 valium tomorrow.

I need to figure out how to go back to k and stabilize or what.I am losing it because I thought I had such a good plan and had 5 good days, now this......

Maybe I should try .25 k x 2 and an extra .125 k at night.(I have been taking an extra 1.25 valium in the afternoon off and on even though I'm not supposed to.I have done that about 4 times.

Hi Tiff,

I'm a little confused about your situation. You indicated that you have not been well ever since starting the Valium, but your above post indicated that you felt better after two days of taking the Valium - or have I totally misunderstood your earlier posts?

If you feel that Valium is really is not working for you, and you wish to switch back, what I suggest is that you skip your Valium for one day (remember, it is slow to leave your system), and reinstate the missing part of your Klonopin dose the following day. After about a week, the Klonopin will up to full blood levels, and most of the Valium will have left your system.

Try not to worry about this. Some people do find the process of switching more difficult than others, but if you find that it is not worth the effort, then switch back and you can use titration instead.

I have been well since the valium, but I don't know if it was because i was finally stabilizing after ct.I was back on k .25 2x day for over a month and only started to feel better last week, 2 days after starting the valium cross.SO............I don't know if my feeling better was due to the valium or just that my body was finally okay at the levels I had been taking over the month.

I have noticed I'm very down after taking valium.I realized it more after taking it during the day today.But, I do realize that this could be due to the drop in klonopin and needing to adjust to the valium yet.I am going to return to my klonopin in the morning and valium at night.See if there's much difference.I do feel it's worth it if it will get better, but if not I'd rather go back to klonopin.Maybe I should be trying to fully cross my night dose before messing with the morning one.Maybe my body will adjust to the valium before moving on to the daytime dose.......My biggest concern is getting so far into the valium that getting back on klonopin will be hard if valium doesn't work

One last thing.With the long life of valium shouldn't it still be effecting me the next day, or has it not had time to build in my system?If it is true that the half life is long that it is still effecting me the following day, then the valium can't be fully to blame because I have had several good days since starting the cross over

Hi,

OK, I better understand now.

Valium tends to sedate far more, especially at first. You will adjust to it.

As for whether you are stabilising after your CT or if you are feeling better because of the Valium, I really don't know for sure - maybe it's both. perhaps it would better to stick with your present regimen for another week or two and see how it goes. You've had a lot of changes in short amount of time, so it is not surprising that you did not feel very well. If you are feeling relatively OK for the present, then just relax into that, and once you feel more sure of the situation, them proceed. I think the really good news is that you are actually feeling better. If you were not reacting well to the Valium, then you would you feel worse, not better. ;)

Valium will still affect you the next day, yes, but depending upon the half-life value in you, the levels could have dropped a fair bit after 12 hours (my guess would be a drop of about 20% maximum (and probably a lot less in you) - I'll work out the figures and get back to you in a few minutes).

Well, what do you know. ::) If the half-life value of Valium is 36 hours in you (at the extreme fast end of the scale stated for Valium), then blood levels would drop by 20.6% from their maximum value after 12 hours. The chances are that the half-life value would be less than this in you, so your blood levels would drop even less.

Ok I will stick with this another week then.If things continue to go downhill then I will go back the other way.I know I ask a lot of you, but I worry so much.The biggest feeling I hate is being totally uncomfortable in everything and not wanting to talk or anything.That's when I start to freak out and wonder what's going on and how to fix it.I have had quite a few days without that in the past week, so hopefully it is not related to the valium at all.THANK YOU 4 BN HERE

What you are feeling reminds me of my withdrawal. benzo withdrawal makes us feel so unsure of ourselves. It will resolve itself - it is just of the process for you, as it was for me.

Today is another very down day :(.I just hope my body adjusts to the valium and this feeling lessens.I don't like it at all.I don't want to do anything.

I have been using benzoisland too, but I like the support here better.They tell me this passes after your body adjusts and to give it time.I hope they are being true because they are so stuck on the fact that valium is the only option.

I guess Colin was right,I'd be doing much worse instead of a little better if it was the valium.I know the more I take the more down I feel though.

Give it a few days, but do keep us informed of your progress. One way or another, it will work itself out in the end. ;)

Colin, I am very anxious today now.Don't know if it's the dose switch around or what.................

Anyways-----my biggest fear/question.If the valium switch does not work am I going to be in klonopin withdrawal again?Say I'm fully crossed and it's not working to take its place...........the entire last month was worse than a living hell.Extreme akathisia,anxiety,depression,no sleep,couldn't eat,couldn't talk,convulsions,halllucinations, etc. from withdrawal.

I am REALLY afraid to go back to that.If there is a possibility that I will have withdrawal all over again and have to restabilize, I don't want to keep down this road.I will go back to k now.I know there will be bumps when tapering either med, but that will basically be like a cold turkey if it doesn't take right?

You will be fine with whichever benzo you are taking. A small amount of people struggle with the process of substitution, but you would realise this long before you had completed the crossover. I think you would know already if switching to Valium was a problem for you. On the contrary, you have been feeling better, so don't worry about it. The extreme withdrawal symptoms you expereinced because of your cold turkey withdrawal will not rematerialise so long as your take enough Klonopin or Valium. Think of those cold turkey withdrawal symptoms as 'benzo withdrawal' rather than 'Klonopin withdrawal'. ;)