Valium sub

[ti...]

I think the reason it scares me is the worst of the symtoms didn't show up until about 2 weeks after going off and reinstating.So, considering that the worst may not show up until I get further off.

If it doesn't matter what the benzo, then it can't happen.I was reading the road back program, and they said that switching from k to valium you will go through k withdrawal and not to do it.I don't know where they get that info, but I wish I'd never read it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ti...]

• [Co...]

• [el...]

• [pa...]

Well, as I said, a small number of people do experience more problems switch from Clonazepam to Valium, but your own experience so far disputes this. And it is your own personal experience that matters, not how some others might be affected.

I know.Thank you.I know I just want the magic answer and there isn't one.

I am so lucky for understanding people like you guys.My family tries to be supportive, but they still can't comprehend the magnitude of what all of us go through.

I think I will hold where I am at a few days(not supposed to hold longer than 14 right?)If things keep decling than I am definately going back to the k and having you help me titrate.

I think I will hold where I am at a few days(not supposed to hold longer than 14 right?)If things keep decling than I am definately going back to the k and having you help me titrate.

We tend to recommend that people try tapering no more than about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days as a starting point. I don't think there is anything to be gained by extending the time tapering for more than needed, but the 7-14 days is just a guide. Some people need longer, and some can taper more quickly. Then, sometimes, an individual cut hits harder, and often for no apparent reason - people usually hold at their dose for longer when this occurs, and there is nothing wrong with this. All I'm saying is, is that there is no 'not supposed to hold longer than 14 days' around here. You do what best suits you. ;)

I realize that I am so indecisive and repeatitive that it's prob driving all of you nuts.

I have to make a decision where to move from here.Almost every story I am reading about valium everyone is super depressed and flat, etc.All of this makes me want to direct taper from klonopin and not deal with it.

The only thing stopping me...........I don't know if the valium is what helped me stabilize.I stabilized two days after starting my cross over, but may just be coincedance(SP).I really don't see how 2 days could do that.If I go back to klonopin equivalent to the doses I'm at now, there shouldn't be a problem,correct?

It has been exactly 7 days since my first night cross over.I do feel more down over the passed few days and my sleep is more disrupted the past 2 nights.I do not know if this is related to valium or not.I do know yesterday taking the valium in the daytime I was down ALL day.Today not nearly as bad when taking k instead.

I don't even know what kind of response I want.I know u r all trying.I just know I have to make up my mind and I can't just stay where I'm at too long.

I will see what tomorrow brings.

Hi

I switched from Xanax to Valium, so I never dealt with Klonopin, All benzos effect Gaba receptors, they just have a different affinity and attach differently. I didnt get depressed from Valium didnt even get very sedated, but what happened to me cant be directly translated to you, If the depreessed feelings are worse than? whatever you were feeling fom K tapering then that should factor in your choice, either way you can taper either one.

Take Care

Bobers

This holds true.Thank you for the support.Everyone reacts differently to every medication, that is the hard part.It still helps to speak with people who can relate.I'm glad you had a good experience with valium.

It looks to me like switching from very short acting benzos(xanax,ativan) to valium is fairly easy.I switched from ativan to klonopin and didn't have any trouble.I'm wondering if it's because they are both longer acting and valium is less  potent?

Don't know.Just have to listen to my body I guess

Today is a horrible day.I'm so sorry I'm such a downer all the time.I keep trying to get my head straight and think what I was like on k b4 quiting to decide if I want to go back, but I can't.I'm so anxious,depressed,sore,restless,uncomfortable,etc.I have sat at this computer almost all day long reading blogs from various people.Everyone that keeps telling me these feelings pass.....it is encouraging, but I am finding so many stories about people who ahd a horrible cross and were very down and flat the whole time on valium.

I do know I was not a happy camper on k, but I was never that flat or agitated until ct and now valium.I had more physical side fx than anything.Even with my rapid taper it wasn't too bad until withdrawal hit.I am seriously thinking about reinstating my k and seeing.I hate today.I feel like I'm trapped in my head and my body is so uncomfortable and anxious...............want to relax, but don't think I can until I figure this out

Colin,

I am giving this one more day.I can't take it.I feel so uncomfortable.Most of the day I felt nothing at all but that.Now all I can do is cry.I know it isn't even positive it's strictly the valium, but I know that I am more down/emotionless when taking it.

I need you to tell me the best way to go back to klonopin.Right now I am at .25 k am, .125 k +1.25 v afternoon, and 2.5 v at night.

If I go back and it doesn't improve, than I know it's not the valium I guess :'( :'( :'(

Hi,

Honestly, it is you who that is the best judge. If you don't feel comfortable taking Valium, then switch back and taper from the Clonazepam. If you need to make smaller cuts than can be achieved by pill-splitting alone, then we will help you to titrate your pills. I cannot decide for you - there is no correct way off, just whatever is correct for you.

What is the smartest way going back to the k?Should I do it by doses like I did instating the valium

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=7792.msg88669#msg88669

You have only gone through one substitution - yes? then do as I've indicated in the post I've linked to above. If you have made two or more substitutions, then do as I've indicated, but just one part of your dose at a time, with a week between each substitution.

Ok, I think I may have possibly figured out why things are feeling worse.My memory has been so bad,especially when I was still experiencing ct withdrawals.

When I got back from the psych ward I was so freaked out and didn't really know what was going on and wanted it to stop so bad and be able to sleep.I was taking .25 k twice a day.When I got home I started adding 2.5mg valium at night before I stabilized(about 5 days).How I forgot this, I don't know.So I was at the equivalant of .625 k for a few days.Then I started my valium sub at .25 k am, .125 k+2.5 valium at night.

Could this be whats going wrong.I actually cut equivalant of 2.5 mg valium when I started my sub?What do I do from here?I'm really feeling like I won't sleep tonight.My whole body is tense and having terrible bruxism.Feel really ill and hard to breathe.

Why did I not think of this before?Should I add it back in or ride it out?It seems to be getting worse.It's been 8 days since.Please give any advice

It might explain things. maybe try waiting a while longer and see how things develop. I don't there is any real down sides to just sticking where you are at for a while to see if things improve.

Ok.Today's real bad.Brain fog,pain,anxiety,restless,can't eat,depersonalization.

I really think I should go back up.I don't know if I can continue my cross this way.I was told it's not wise to make cuts during substitution?

It is best to avoid cuts during substitution, yes. But, you have been at this dose for some time, so I would not suggest that you now up your dose. It would seem like backward step to me.

Yes, that is true.Just feeling so bad..........Anyways, back to my other question.........if I reinstate k why do I not take valium and then wait a day to take k?

Yes, that is true.Just feeling so bad..........Anyways, back to my other question.........if I reinstate k why do I not take valium and then wait a day to take k?

If you feel that Valium is really is not working for you, and you wish to switch back, what I suggest is that you skip your Valium for one day (remember, it is slow to leave your system), and reinstate the missing part of your Klonopin dose the following day. After about a week, the Klonopin will up to full blood levels, and most of the Valium will have left your system.

Hi,

It was just a suggestion. My reasoning is that the Valium is slow to leave your system, so if you simply replaced the Valium with Clonazepam, your blood levels of benzo will be boosted in the short-term. By cutting this part of your Valium for a day, it will give more time for this portion of the cut to leave your system. The Clonazepam is much quicker to build up in your system.

I'm probably overly complicating the issue. You will be fine to simply switch this portion of your dose - this is what most people would do.

A 100ml measuring cylinder (from your pharmacist or the Net) is the only essential piece of equipment. A pestle and mortar is handy, but a cup and the back of a spoon should surfice. It is easier to adjust your dose using a 10ml syringe rather than just pouring from the cylinder. You need nothing else.

Okay, tropical.I stabilized after adding the dose of 2.5 valium for about 4 days on top of klonopin.I did not start realizing the negative side fx of valium until taking it in the morning.

I guess I'm concerned that the valium stabilized me, but as I was only on it 4 days prior I think it was probably just my body finally leveling out to the level, whether it be k or v.Don't know what to think.The only reason I want to go back to k is I did not feel so down and emotionless on that, but I'm wondering if I return I won't stabilize.Then I look at it the other way and if that's the case it will be the same problem getting off the k and onto the valium.I still have ..325 k in my system, so I should hope going back to just that would be ok.

As to the signature, I will do that.I am just so down and tired and can't see right today,seems like a lot of work