Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

7 months benzo free

[wa...]

Hello all. Today I am 7 months benzo free. I can remember a time when I never thought I’d get here, but alas I made it. I’ve been struggling with a severe wave since I had Covid several months ago. Before that I was in a glorious window that was several months long. I wasn’t 100%, but I had my life back. I am desperately hoping to get back to that at some point soon. I guess for now I need to be grateful that I made it this far. I’m really in search of some buddies I can chat with regularly so we can support each other. This is a lonely road.

Congratulations, want2bnormalagain, on 7 months with no benzos!

Sorry you are having a wave now since getting COVID.  I have windows and waves and its hard going back to a wave after the freedom felt during a window. 

The benzo recovery pattern is, however, that the windows get longer with time, and the waves less frequent.  Windows show what the future can be like all the time once healing is complete.

I'm so sorry Covid has put you back in a severe wave.  That months long window you had before Covid holds a lot of promise that you will get your life back again.

Thank you Brighterday and frank1964. I keep hoping for that day again. It’s not knowing how long these waves are that’s so difficult. I know I need to accept where I am and know that I’ll eventually get there, but patience has never been my strong suit