Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

1 year, benzo-free

[3B...]

Hi All,

I wanted to post and say after 1 year benzo free that life is great on the other side of this. I believe I had a straightforward and easy taper with minimal symptoms. I also had very minimal symptoms after finishing my taper.

I rarely post because I don't feel I have much to offer as far as advice but I know it really helped to have this site to go to. People helped me to feel confident about my taper plans and I am so grateful for that.

I check the site every so often so I can congratulate others over the finish line that I knew when I was on the site more often. I look so forward to being able to see them get there.

Saying that time helps a lot, seems to be so true but I also understand that it is a long slog. I really do have empathy for those of you suffering and I so admire your courage.

I wish you all the best as you continue on your paths and to encourage you to have hope.

I'm glad to see you, and I'm grateful you'll tell your story because its not the typical horror we see here and its important for people to know that there are some who have it a little easier than others.  We all need hope and you've supplied that, thank you.  :smitten: