• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ks...]

• [Co...]

• [el...]

• [TP...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the Happy Birthdays  :)! My psychiatrist agreed to write out a 5% reduction in prescription every week for me, so i'm going to see how that works. According to the plan, it will take 20 weeks to completely get off the pills. Is that enough time? Sometimes it feels so hopeless going through the w/ds even though I haven't reduced the dose yet. I don't feel like anyone I know really understands how serious this is.

Thank you for the Happy Birthdays  :)! My psychiatrist agreed to write out a 5% reduction in prescription every week for me, so i'm going to see how that works. According to the plan, it will take 20 weeks to completely get off the pills. Is that enough time? Sometimes it feels so hopeless going through the w/ds even though I haven't reduced the dose yet. I don't feel like anyone I know really understands how serious this is.

5% per week sounds like a good rate. Good luck!

Tony

Its nice you have a psychiatrist that has a reasonable plan, and interest in getting you off Klon.

Sk

recently, some muscles in my feet started twitching, will that go away?

I got that for a bit, but haven't had the then past couple of days.  I sure hope it does go away. :)

Tony

recently, some muscles in my feet started twitching, will that go away?

So long as you follow a sensible taper plan, these withdrawal effects will be short lived. You may find that some withdrawal effects only last a short time during your withdrawal. Try not to dwell upon them.

hey all,

I got my liquid clonazepam at the compounding pharmacy yesterday, and I just took my first dose (.2375mg down from .25mg). My psychiatrist wants to take it at a 5% reduction every week. For some reason I can't explain, I don't trust that the pharmacists can make the liquid right...maybe I'm just paranoid :(. Wish me luck with the titration!

K

Got to trust they know what they're doing. Have no other choice.

My suggestion is, if you can cut by 1% every other day, it might be easier on your CNS. Certainly it was easier on me, and I'm now on my final day! Whoo Hoo!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.freedominmessiah.com/T-dancing.gif

dude, TPirog, you're my idol!

I took the 1st liquid dose and it feels pretty strong. Did anyone notice potency differences when switching from pill to liquid form? Does it being liquid have anything to do with it the effects (not s/x) feeling stronger?

K

dude, TPirog, you're my idol!

Yikes! :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I took the 1st liquid dose and it feels pretty strong. Did anyone notice potency differences when switching from pill to liquid form? Does it being liquid have anything to do with it the effects (not s/x) feeling stronger?

I never really felt anything on benzos the past few years at any dose. Sorry.

It depends upon if it is made up using your usually pills or not (different brands will vary). You would have to talk to the pharmacist. It might be an idea to hold steady for a while until you have settled in to the formulation.

yeah, this form of Clonazepam is weird. I'm going to talk to the pharmacist. I know it's being absorbed much quicker into my system - being that it is a liquid - but does that mean it leaves a lot sooner as well? I thought Clonazepam was supposed to have a long half life (~50hrs). After taking it, I fell asleep for 30 min. I guess the true test is going to be if I'm able to sleep tonight. When I was taking the tablets (.25mg) it didn't feel as if I was taking anything at all.

K

I would anticipate that the liquid form would be absorbed a little more quickly, but this will cause virtually no change to your blood levels beyond being a little more elevated, a little more quickly, at the time of taking your dose. It does not affect the half-life. However, if there is some change, it is not surprising that you feel it. You will addapt though, just as you would with a small increase or decrease to your dose. It should be no more significant than this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now on day 5 into cut (.225mg) and my feet and hands won't stop twitching. They get worse at night, and I feel a general fatigue. Will the twitching go away? Is it Benzo related? Should I exercise even if I feel tired all the time?

K

I find that if I drink a bit of chamomile tea at night and exercise every day it helps with the weird symptoms, although I must say, I am only on day 2 and have no symptoms, as I am doing this milk taper ( or water) that Colin developed for me. Also, I do some meditation.

You are taking a really low dose of of Klonopin. Are you sure that these symptoms are just anxiety, not withdrawal symptoms. 

In one of your posts you mentioned that you were suffering from PTSD.  First of all thanks for going over there to Iraq. That took real guts and determination.  Have you tried taking the SSRI Zoloft, which appears to be the best treatment for PTSD if you are going the SSRI route. Benzo's have been proven to be ineffective for this disorder.

I would recommend you find another psychiatrist or doc who has experience with PTDS.  :thumbsup:

Hitman,

Thanks for the advice. I've been on Paxil, Effexor, Zoloft, Wellbutrin and Selexa...all of which made it worse, so my psychiatrist had me taper from them all. That was over a course of 2 years. You're right though, i need to exercise. Maybe because i'm at such a low dose, my body doesn't know what to do?  ???

K

You know K for me so much of my anxiety was all about not looking good, or feeling good, but when I was really feeling anxious, all I could do was hug my cat and lay in bed or watch tv. Forcing myself to go out and get some aerobic exercise or hit the weight room was not always comfortable, but once I started, by the end I felt much better. I know that I am often my worst enemy. So it is vital for me to be my own health care advocate, and do those things that embrace life, not keep me stuck on the couch in self pity.

I am not saying that you have self pity by any means, as that was my thing, but I am saying that if you did get some exercise maybe some of your anxiety would lift.

Remember, these feelings are only temporary---it will pass.

Hitman60

I'm feeling like utter crap tonight. It feels like i have the flu...with a ton of anxiety. I just tapered down to .214mg from .225mg. The cut from .2375mg to .225mg killed me in the following days. Should i reinstate at .225mg and hold there until I feel a little better? The increments are so small that this seems stupid, but I'm sure feeling the effects. I'm definitely going to run tomorrow.

Hi Kshell,

Although your individual cuts are indeed tiny, you are making these cuts nearly every day. Your overall taper rate is faster than most of our members! Perhaps, you should reconsider your taper rate? You might stabilise your dose for a week, then continue at 10% over every 10 days rather than every 7 days as you are at the moment. This is just a suggestion - you know best what's best for you.

I'm feeling like utter crap tonight. It feels like i have the flu...with a ton of anxiety. I just tapered down to .214mg from .225mg. The cut from .2375mg to .225mg killed me in the following days. Should i reinstate at .225mg and hold there until I feel a little better? The increments are so small that this seems stupid, but I'm sure feeling the effects. I'm definitely going to run tomorrow.

Hey K

Feels like you have the flu...with tons of anxiety...Hmmm your not doing bad then. 8)  I try to keep a record of my %'s. The cut from .225 to .214 is .49%  Im tapering at about .5% every 2 weeks. I doubt theres much way to go any slower and get off this crap. K- theres no way around the withdrawl symptoms. :-\  flu like symptoms are very common.

T/C

Sk

• Popular Now

• [...]
    • [...]