Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Announcing the death of BenzoBuddies member, Zman

[Pa...]

I didn’t know him, but can understand how people feel there is no hope. These drugs have ruined my life, when it goes on for years hope of recovery fades. Just hope doctors are held to account one day for what they have done to people. I feel for his family so sad.

That's heartbreaking. I haven't been on this forum in a long time and I felt compelled to check it while sorting through old website bookmarks. Rest in peace, Zman, you made an impact on this website and I'm certain there are others who won't soon forget about you and your acts of compassion.

I can surely understand how someone can feel so bad that they decide to end it themselves.  Screw these damn psyche drugs.  They have totally and completely ruined my life too.

I can surely understand how someone can feel so bad that they decide to end it themselves.  Screw these damn psyche drugs.  They have totally and completely ruined my life too.

I feel anger and rage every day too becks. It's my fuel to keep training every day, win matches and do my story. Not just for myself, I want to change something. Dont know if I will succeed but I will give it my all.

Everytime I think of those doctors making money over people suffering....

It is so pathetic that Big Pharma can get away with injuring people so much.  Zman was surely suffering.  I read part of his blog tonight and he was really hurting.  Joey is doing very badly too with his TD and I'm not much better.

It is so pathetic that Big Pharma can get away with injuring people so much.  Zman was surely suffering.  I read part of his blog tonight and he was really hurting.  Joey is doing very badly too with his TD and I'm not much better.

Keep fighting, one day you will be free

I can't stop crying. I was so afraid for him with as bad as he was suffering. I haven't been on here much recently, as I've been struggling myself. Such awful news. God bless his family.

Just saw this today. I remember his bouncing little avatar. So sad that it ended this way.

Damn these drugs and damn the people that foisted them on the public. And damn the medical profession that abandoned us after they broke us.

• 1 month later...

This is Zakk’s wife of 22 years. Sorry its taken me so long to get back on here….grief is a strange thing when it comes to perception of time. It warms my heart to hear al the sweet things people have to save about my amazing bebs. He was one of a kind and deeply , deeply missed. He was such an amazing musician, father ,husband and best friend. Thank you all and God Bless you.

Amanda Spears

Sad to hear this, it's terrible what these drugs do and to this day they are still being prescribed. Nothing has changed. My condolences to this man.

This is Zakk’s wife of 22 years. Sorry its taken me so long to get back on here….grief is a strange thing when it comes to perception of time. It warms my heart to hear al the sweet things people have to save about my amazing bebs. He was one of a kind and deeply , deeply missed. He was such an amazing musician, father ,husband and best friend. Thank you all and God Bless you.

Amanda Spears

Mrs Amanda firstly I’d like to extend my condolences to you, your kids and family on the loss of your husband Zach. He was a very good friend of mine here in this community. I did all I could to embrace him in support of his healing as did others. I miss him beyond words. I think of him daily! I still shed tears every time I think of him. He was such a wonderful person and friend to me so how could I not cry? I’m still in my healing journey with much more healing needed. But as soon as I can, I plan to plant a magnolia tree in remembrance of him. There are no words to take away the heaviness of your loss. But I’m sure you take comfort in knowing that he was so much in love with you. You still can see your husband in the faces of your children. They are both him and you. When I lost my mother and my 3 year old god-daughter, I was torn to pieces! What helped me to carry on is the love of God. I also still to this day talk to them out loud. Spirits are eternal….Zach is still around. His love for you, the kids and family/ friends never dies. When we are loved, it’s forever a part of our lives whether in the flesh or not. I pray that you continue to be alright in spite of your pain. Regardless of how things ended, Zach was a warrior!  I’ll never forget him long as I live. He was a special kind of person this world could use more of. Anytime you need a friend, I’m happy to help. Just message me. May God bless you and keep you!

Lady Den ❤️💗🙏❤️💗

Amanda,

I am so sorry for your loss and I send my deepest condolences to you and your family. I just wanted to add that to Lady Den's message because honestly, she said everything so beautifully and it doesn't get much better than that. You are surrounded by his love and light until you meet again.

The destruction these drugs leave in their wake is simply unfathomable to most people, and he was lucky to have your love and support through it. Love to you and your children.

Love, Tater

• 2 weeks later...
I’m so sorry to see this tonight. The suffering can be/is unbearable. It’s hard to fathom that these meds are given without much thought in their potential to create havoc. My faulty memory doesn’t remember Zman, but it’s clear from the posts that he was a kind person. My condolences to his wife….he will not be forgotten.

Unacceptable 😡. It's so unacceptable that anyone should ever have to be put in such a position to feel this isolated, alone, desperate, powerless and just defeated by those we trusted and a pill.

I don't personally know Zman... Never heard of him and never met him, I do know that his life was taken way too soon, leaving behind possibly a family, friends and the experience of life he should of been able to live out if it wasn't for this unbelievably hard challenge no one should have to face.

This makes me very sad... Poor guy, no one wants to take their life, but no one wants to live in this kind of hell. The poor guy wanted to escape the pain and torture. Man screw psych meds 😞😭 this breaks my heart.

To the family, my deepest condolences... Grief is a tricky thing to navigate, please don't be angry at him if you are... This isn't a normal process with various hardships you couldn't possibly believe could be real. He loves you... This was nothing you did, it's the byproduct of a man who did his best and was beaten down. God this breaks my heart I can't imagine what you, friends and loved ones are going through. If you need any of us please reach out and ask.

As for Zman... You did you're best and went beyond. No one blames you and if they do, they just don't understand how painful this condition truly is. We love you brotha, wishing you nothing but the best of luck in your newest spiritual journey in heaven 😔. Much love to everyone who knew him and I'm unbelievably sorry for your loss.

Please be safe everyone and please check up on eachother, you have no idea what someone is dealing is. Much love everyone and again please be safe

• Love 1

• 11 months later...

💔 

much love for him and his wife. So sorry . I related to many of his posts now I see this .

breaks my heart . 

these pills should be forbidden and only given in life threatening situations