Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Yes you can

[Sh...]

I’ve noticed here lately some people falling into the “I can’t hole” and thought I’d share some things I use to get me through harder days.

Something I’ve started doing lately is refaming my insomnia. It helps me so I thought it may help some of you.

It’s a super power right? (Stay with me) I get 4 more hours in the day than everyone else. I can read more, go to gym more and get more done. It takes time to get here and I know some of you may not be able to do this yet but building up ur strength mentally is a good place to start. U can practice in little ways in ur mind. It’s easy to be all about ur lack of sleep but I started by scheduling time to think about it. Like for the first 2 hours after “waking up” (and I used that term very loosely) I can think about it, talk about it ect for 2 hrs then I need to get up and get on with it. Push it away outside ur scheduled time. Swat it away like flies if u have to coz it likes to creep in and make u anxious throughout the day.

Another thing I do is watch the sunset some afternoons and see how beautiful it is. The sunset, but also that my amazing body got me thru another day with little to no sleep and how unbelievable that is.

Be greatful. There are people all over the world struggling with all different maladies at this exact moment. Ours is temporary. Be greatful for that.

Shedding a few little tears but still being greatful is good for you.  It’s ok to cry. This is hard but just saying “challenge accepted universe u absolute nasty bitch” helps because u are taking the power back a little.

Right now it’s pitch black, very early in the morning and no one else in my family is awake. I’m getting ready to go to gym. I slept 4 hrs last night, 4 the night before, then a 2 and a zero before that.  I’m starting to get quite muscly so that speaks volumes about how much I’m using it as a distraction. My eyes are stinging from lack of sleep but after gym I have to work. Then I’m going to do laps in a 50 meter pool. Coz I can. I’m no stronger than u. I’m just like u. A badass benzo warrior.

U can do it. Ur body can do it. Challenge it. Stop saying u can’t. Even if it’s only walking to the end of the street. U can. No more cants. U can.

I’ve noticed here lately some people falling into the “I can’t hole” and thought I’d share some things I use to get me through harder days.

Something I’ve started doing lately is refaming my insomnia. It helps me so I thought it may help some of you.

It’s a super power right? (Stay with me) I get 4 more hours in the day than everyone else. I can read more, go to gym more and get more done. It takes time to get here and I know some of you may not be able to do this yet but building up ur strength mentally is a good place to start. U can practice in little ways in ur mind. It’s easy to be all about ur lack of sleep but I started by scheduling time to think about it. Like for the first 2 hours after “waking up” (and I used that term very loosely) I can think about it, talk about it ect for 2 hrs then I need to get up and get on with it. Push it away outside ur scheduled time. Swat it away like flies if u have to coz it likes to creep in and make u anxious throughout the day.

Another thing I do is watch the sunset some afternoons and see how beautiful it is. The sunset, but also that my amazing body got me thru another day with little to no sleep and how unbelievable that is.

Be greatful. There are people all over the world struggling with all different maladies at this exact moment. Ours is temporary. Be greatful for that.

Shedding a few little tears but still being greatful is good for you.  It’s ok to cry. This is hard but just saying “challenge accepted universe u absolute nasty bitch” helps because u are taking the power back a little.

Right now it’s pitch black, very early in the morning and no one else in my family is awake. I’m getting ready to go to gym. I slept 4 hrs last night, 4 the night before, then a 2 and a zero before that.  I’m starting to get quite muscly so that speaks volumes about how much I’m using it as a distraction. My eyes are stinging from lack of sleep but after gym I have to work. Then I’m going to do laps in a 50 meter pool. Coz I can. I’m no stronger than u. I’m just like u. A badass benzo warrior.

U can do it. Ur body can do it. Challenge it. Stop saying u can’t. Even if it’s only walking to the end of the street. U can. No more cants. U can.

This is spot on.....Keep on keeping on....The world is yours baby girl.....I am in love with the attitude...

Great post.

The other night I was so tired from lack of sleep my chest muscles were hurting- like they were being pulled apart. I turned everything off at 9 p.m. and slept until 9:40. My body was like nope, need to be off and so it did its thing.  Then of course the night ritual etc. had to take place but still. I am just saying that part of sleeping is in the surrender. There is a lot more too sleep than just GABA receptors.

Thanks team. Bex the way and katz ur advice helped me so much so Thanku for helping me get to this place x x

I know how hard it is lady. I probably had under 2 last night. I gave myself every chance I could, I had a very active day, I probably didn’t relax enough before bed (I was watching shining girls, freaky) but I’ve stopped doing so many things to ensure sleep. If it comes it comes, if not, well it’s in the past, and I just get thru my day. Better than fretting about it, that doesn’t take u back in time and give u a full nights sleep. That just completely destroys ur morning with anxiety. No more of that. Up and at Em  :thumbsup:

Good post. My friend is reading a book about sleep and she says it's about accepting it not expecting it.

Take care. Eat healthy and be kind to yourself x

Good post. My friend is reading a book about sleep and she says it's about accepting it not expecting it.

Take care. Eat healthy and be kind to yourself x

Very wise words Miss piggy!  When I finally got to this place, the sleep struggle ended for me.  ;)

Shayna, I am so happy to see you in a better place these days - you rock!  I well recall when both of us were struggling with insomnia and how awful it seemed at the time.  Those sleepless nights seemed so long and so dark.  I think what got me through was the buddies here who had gone before me and said that it gets better with time because I what I needed most was hope and I found it here!

Thanks team. Bex the way and katz ur advice helped me so much so Thanku for helping me get to this place x x

I know how hard it is lady. I probably had under 2 last night. I gave myself every chance I could, I had a very active day, I probably didn’t relax enough before bed (I was watching shining girls, freaky) but I’ve stopped doing so many things to ensure sleep. If it comes it comes, if not, well it’s in the past, and I just get thru my day. Better than fretting about it, that doesn’t take u back in time and give u a full nights sleep. That just completely destroys ur morning with anxiety. No more of that. Up and at Em  :thumbsup:

Excellent way to look at things. I am currently suffering from insomnia and find that stressing out about the lack of sleep only tends to make it worse. Accepting what we managed to get and hoping the next night will be better is probably the best approach. Been trying to find that magic non-pill sleeping pill for awhile now. Found that if I watch ancient history documentaries using earbuds (phone) I fall asleep faster. I love history, so one would think that the opposite would occur. I find that watching things that interest me helps me more than things that bore me. It is probably that the interest helps distract my mind enough away from symptoms that are keeping me awake.

I try to face away from the phone because the light may cause my brain to put out wake up hormones, but some times the subject matter interests me too much and I have to peak.

Knowing that better sleep will eventually return helps quiet the distress in my head. Love that 'can do attitude Shayna. Hope things continue to improve for us all.

if this is you NOW, imagine what you will be like next week, next month, next year! complete benzo warrior, suns out guns out!