Need some advice or insight into withdrawal and tapering

[Do...]

I think the stress of making a decision and possibly changing your life again probably increased these symptoms. I know for me it does. When we stress we release adrenaline. We're in flight or fight mode. For me it gets worse when the adrenaline wears off. It takes a while for my body to adjust to the decrease of the adrenaline. I also struggle to sleep when my brain is analyzing the situation and when you're on already minimal sleep, this just makes everything feel worse.

I suspect the intensity will go down. I don't think it will disappear completely until you're in full recovery.

I need some help. I am having burning skin, shaking, feeling cold and my cognitive recall is not good. I am not sure if its the Benzo tapering or trying to get stabilized on .125mg or the stress of job loos/moving/new job and all that entails.

I am not sure what to do. I am doubting that I will ever get myself back. My short term memory loss is concerning and I can't think straight. I forget what I was doing or what I was thinking about.

I am really on the ropes about this and I don't know if I should start this new job or take the time away from all the stress and keep tapering down and use the time off to recover.

HELP!

I am sorry your going through this but i hear ya. So many times i park my car and i cant figure out where it is! Between getting divorced and getting hooked and trying to come off benzos it gets very confusing what is the real issue here, or is it everything combined. Hang in there.

• 3 weeks later...

So my withdrawal symptoms got so bad. I was feeling horrible skin crawling and burning. Chronic fatigue ( was falling asleep at work), but on the other hand I can't sleep at night. I will get 4 hours at most and then lay there with chills and sweats along with burning skin and crazy thoughts.

I made a hard judgement to go back up in dose. I have taken .25mg for 2 days and all the symptoms have gone, vanished.

I am going to level off here for some time and then go back down slower than I was.

I got from 0.5mg to .125mg in a matter of 6 months. When I hit .125mg and held there for 3 days I could not sleep and was going out of my mind with sensations and the worst anxiety I have ever experienced. I was crying daily and could not calm down.

I would do breathing exercises for 2 hours a day and light stretching, walking, etc. But nothing would help.

I feel 100% better right now, but know that I have to keep going down in dose, just have total it slower.

I feel bad that I went up in dose, but I think my health would have taken a bad turn if I kept it up.

The fact that you stabilized so quickly after updosing tells me it's likely you tapered too fast. The same thing happened to me. When my reductions were too big I was extremely sick but then I updosed and within in a day I almost had no symptoms. Please don't beat yourself up over updosing. I did it twice if it makes you feel any better. I remember feeling so sick I just couldn't stand it anymore.

If you look at my signature it took me almost a year to get from 0.5mg to 0.125mg (granted, there was some holding in there due to Long Covid), but still I wouldn't be able to do it in 6 months either. You absolutely did the right thing.

Now you can just take it slowly and easy. I'm sure it will be better from here onwards.  :thumbsup: