Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can't sleep almost 4 months off restoril.

[Do...]

It will be 4 months off restoril on the beginning of June.  I can't sleep and it is 1105.  I have been trying to sleep since 8.  Somebody  emailed me about a job.  It would be at 530 in the morning which is bad for my insomnia.  I interviewed with him last year and he didn't hire me so I don't know if I should go.

I just want to sleep.  I ran out of melatonin and can't take any more sleepeze as your only allowed 50 mg.  I wish I had bought melatonin.  I am really tired? But worried about things

I know the feeling. I went thru 6 months of barely sleeping. What has been working for me lately is a low dose of Seroquel. I take 150mg at night and it puts me to sleep in about 30 minutes. Last night i slept from 9:30 to 6:00.

Thanks i am glad you got sleep.

The guy changed his mind about the 530a job.  I got an interview next Tuesday for my dream job.  I finally went to sleep at 12 and got up at 8 exhausted.  I  just glad I got to sleep as I was afraid i would be up all night.  My back is bothering me and have to go to physio at 700 on Friday.

I had insomnia last night.  I was up until 20pm  I slept from 10 to 12 then awake until after two.  I had to get up at 6 for physio so now I am exhausted.  I am supposed to go to the hairdresser at 945  but I am too tired.  I am glad I am not earning as it is hard to work with insomnia and back pain.  I didn't exercise since Feb of 2021.  I  supposed to travel home Today, but too tired to go.  O ran out of sleepeze last night so maybe it was withdrawal.

I woke up twice tonight.  The second time I woke up at 1am and can't sleep.  Ixam supposed to travel two hours homecat 635 am on the bus for a job interview and a medical appointment.  O don't want to go.  I think the interview is a waste of time as it might hurt my back to work there and also I interviewed there years ago and they didn't hire Mr.  There is also  about 69 people applying for it so no chance to get it.  I need a sitting job for my back as it has been in pain all the time when I do customer service jobs.  It's hard to work without pills and anxiety and insomnia.

Dom

Everything you are experiencing is "normal" at 4 months off.  Sleep is hard to come by and waking up between midnight (or earlier) and 3:00 am is very common.  I did that all the time. It takes time and more time for sleep to even out.  Do whatever it takes to get some sleep, BUT NEVER take another BENZO or Z-drug for sleep....EVER!

It's hard to work on little or no sleep, but it is very possible. Shayna has been doing that for years and I did it for about 10 months too.

Never give up and never, in a moment of weakness, reach for another Benzo or Z-drug.

Thanks iwill never take restoril or zdrugs again.  They wrecked my skin from abusing them and made me look 10 years older.  ALSO, they made my hair go Grey on the top and sides in two years.  I woke up at 430am exhausted and had to take a 625 bus home.  I had an interview and medical thing.  I was offered a job as a food Server if I pass a records check that was 50and take a serving course for 35.  It will hurt my back and you have to work until 1am which will screw up my sleep.  I gave an interview for a job on Monday that pays more and might be better for my back.  Minimum wage is 16.35 and is not enough to pay my bills.

Maybe you can buy a fabric backbrace to wear to work under you clothes to support your back.  They sell them at sporting goods stores or medical supply stores and I'm sure Walmart and Amazon.

Thanks I woke up exhasted as I didn't get to bed until midnight.  I was exhasted from being up at 430 yesterday.  Even if I had pills I would only sleep an hour I need to get an exray of my back.  The physio said I had two curves in it.  I need a job, but not sure if I can work.  I was able to deal with customers and employees better when I had the pills.  I could smile, but now I cant

Your smile will return Dom81, during withdrawal and recovery we only seem to be able to connect to our negative emotions but the good ones come back so keep up the good work, I'm so impressed you were able to get rid of the benzo's, you did good!  :thumbsup:

I have been trying to sleep for hours it is 12am.  I have severe indigestion feel like throwing up and upset stomach.  I had some chowmein that might have been bad and some oj.  Oj always makes me sick.  I had a sleepeze- that may be making me sick.  My brother says not to take it.  I quit pop for two weeks, but need gingerale when I feel really sick.  I am stressed out.  I have a doctor apt in two days and I have to get up at 5am to go home and take a two hour bus ride and trip to go home.  I am worried i wont go to sleep, a legal matter, and getting a job I can do with all these problems.

You sound pretty miserable but remember that when we feel this way we tend to pile on all of our misery and wallow in it, I do anyway.  I hope you feel better from the Chow Mein and orange juice soon and get some rest.  I also hope you won't ask the doctor for any benzo's or sleeping pills.